Listing Software

dragons_horde
Community Member
Hi,

I have jsut spent about 4 very frustrating hours trying out the various "tools" ebay offers to speed up listings.

None seem to have what I am looking for. I have tried Andale in the past and liked the system but the per item costs I think are prohibitive.

I need something that will allow me to bulk relist.

I want to be able to sort sold and unsold. Unsold items I should be able to see if they are eligible for the relisting credit. I want to be able to (on one page) easily modify prices, listings times, view which have already been relisted (this is critical for the switch...), and to be able to schedule start times.

As I said Andale did this on one set HTML page it was point and click and very easy. I can not believe ebay's system shows such a lack of understanding of the seller's needs.

So any suggestions?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Listing Software

I'm using Sellers Assistant Pro (SAPro) for 4 years. It can do all the things you are looking for at a very reasonable cost (US$25/month with NO additional charges).

You can download a thirty day free trial.

Be forewarned, the program is going through a total rewrite (and rename) which will dramatically improve the features and operating speed (I'm beta testing at the moment). The current program can be a little klunky and obtuse at times mostly because the original program is now over 5 years old and has only been modified as required to keep in sync with the many added eBay "features".

I suggest you have a look at the current program but you might want to wait until the new version is released to go all in.

If you have any questions just ask or go to the SAPro discussion board (even more civilised than this here board).

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Listing Software

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
Ben, is that $25 dollars include the listing fees?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Listing Software

Hi Ben,

I have a little question. Which software do you think is best for keeping stock/sales/cost/profit&lost records for items sold on eBay? I am now using Selling Manager Pro, however, I've found it is quite weak on keeping track of the item/shipping cost and those eBay listing/ad/final/refunded fees.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Gloria
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Listing Software

Ben, is that $25 dollars include the listing fees?

Of course it does not include the standard listing or final value fees but unlike many of the other Auction Management products there is no ADDITIONAL fees such as Andale or others impose.

I am now using Selling Manager Pro, however, I've found it is quite weak on keeping track of the item/shipping cost and those eBay listing/ad/final/refunded fees

SAPro is ok on the stock/sales/cost issue but is NOT an accounting package so while there is some built in reporting for P&L it's not great. The new version is expected to have many improvements in this area.

The best thing about SAPro is that it is NOT web based, the program AND all data resides on your computer, I have 4 years of data which includes every listing I've done (about 30,000), every inventory item (8,000) and every sale (12,000) that I have made since starting with the program.

SAPro is based on the MS Access database, more experienced users use Access to query the database to provide custom reports. Users have also developed additional utilities which can be used to interface with UPS/FEDEX etc. shipping programs as well as Indicea/Stamps.com (I personally don't use any of these as I am in Canada).

Subscribers to SAPro receive free use of Selling Manager Pro but very few people use it as there is no way to synchronize the two.

The honest consensus of SAPro is that the current program has a high learning curve, has some glitches and is not that pretty but there are a lot of long term high volume users who have tried just about every other system. One problem over the last 6 months or so has been that some of the new options are not available, once the development of the new version began the only changes to the original program have been those required to make it continue to function (for example there is no fully working Best Offer thing).

The program was originally developed as a third party application by Blackthorne, 4 years ago eBay purchased Blackthorne (the only 3rd party app. out of many that they did) so while it's now an "in-house" program all development and suport are still being done by the original people.

Ben

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply