Listing using a MAC - what do I need to know?

orca_bc
Community Member

Are there special tools for Listing using a MAC?

Does Turbo Lister work wit ha MAC?

I've been searching the boards & can't seem to find any discussions on this. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay Turbo Lister is for Windows PCs only. eBay has no plans for a Mac version. It has been requested for years.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

THANKS for that info pocomocomputing!

Any tips for selling on eBay if I use a MAC? (other than TL, of course)
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

GarageSale is the only offline listing program for the Mac OS I'm aware of.

http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thanks a BUNCH recped! I expected there would be SOMEthing!

I wonder if it is better to use GarageSale rather than just using eBay's site - any ideas?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

eBay is very easy to use. Why introduce another step into the process?

If you are just starting out, eBay's SYI form is more than enough. TurboLister, for me, doesn't work.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

eBay is very easy to use. Why introduce another step into the process?

There are PLENTY of good reasons to use a management tool like GarageSale, Blackthorne, SixBit etc.

For years sellers have come to the boards frustrated about how to deal with eBay changes or how to effectively monitor their activities, most of the time the issues they deal with would be inconsequential if they were using a good management tool.

I'm actually a pretty low volume seller in spite of my big feedback number, I could not imagine trying to do what I do using SYI and Selling Manager. Well I could do it but why? For $25 a month I could save hours and hours of work and have a ton of valuable information at my fingertips.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the input. As I'm just getting started on selling - this may be the best option for me.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Good to know receped. I may just stick with the basic eBay Listing tools to start - not sure I want to invest $39.99 on Garage tools just yet. Appreciate your advice.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hi, you won't be able to use GarageSale for your listings until you have had a certain number of successful sales. I can't remember the exact amount, you can probably find that info in GarageSale help after you buy it.  I am a GarageSale user, and it is a good program overall.  Good luck.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thanks canadareads - I've spent awhile reading thru many of the discussions & am (cautiously) looking forward to the selling aspect - should be an 'interesting' venture.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Just a thought:

I don't know if you can use turbo lister to move among various ids.

Using a third party listing service such as Garage Sale makes it easy to list in any  id you wish if you have several selling ids.

That way you can always effortlessly take advantage of the free listing promotions as long as one of your ids gets an invitation.

I know that this won't be important yet if you are a new seller, but it might matter to others who sell a lot of items and list under several ids.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

You may want to look into partitioning your Mac..... Google  "Partition a Mac"

Once partitioned you may be able to place an operating system on your Mac that is compatible with Turbolister..

It can be done..... However, the effectiveness of such an action is not know.... or whether  it is as effective as having a computer that has an operating system that is compatible with Turbolister.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Blackthorne will be discontinued soon.....  

eBay's wording on eBay.com...... 

We'll stop supporting Blackthorne and Blackthorne Pro in March 2014. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If one wants to be a longtime... high numbers of listings seller on eBay....one has to understand the options,  and whether a MAC is a long term hindrance.

If someone that uses a Mac in such a situation .. that is list on eBay... can be found ... all the better.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Turbolister has an option called  "Change User...

The assumption is that Change User means a seller with two different ID's  or  meaning two sellers each with different ID's

I have had two user files on Turbolister  and was able to move the description in a listing from one user file to another....

It would appear that the limit to the number of user files on Turbolister is the size of the memory on the computer.....  and how much memory is to allocated to Turbolister...  and then to each user file

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks cumos55 - I was also under the impression that you can partition a MAC HD & install a WIN OS ... interesting idea.

I may try that if things go well in selling - the more I think about it, the more things I can see I have to sell LOL

Message 15 of 15
latest reply