Looking to list multiple titles in one listing. Price is for one item only. Help please :)

Hello fellow Sellers!

I'm looking to list a lot of children's cartridge games in one listing. Buyer chooses the games they want in the "drop down list" and pays for that game only. Just like clothing listings where you pick the size and color.

I use Turbo Lister and I don't see the option anywhere. I've also tried to list through the site itself with no prevail.

I've seen quite a few listings in the video game category that are like this but I can't figure it out.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Looking to list multiple titles in one listing. Price is for one item only. Help please :)

The listing that you are referring to is call a variation listings. Variation listings are only allowed in certain categories.

Here are the official list of eBay categories supporting variation listing on eBay.ca and on eBay.com.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/sellingresources/multiplevariationslist.html

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/multiplevariationslist.html

Your category for games "Video Games and Consoles" are not on the lists above. However, the variation listing listing are allowed in many categories not in the list and usually are in the "other" sub-category.

If I start a test listing, if I choose "Video Games and Consoles" and the "Other" sub-category, I am allowed to create a variation listings.

So I would suspect that sellers have discovered this discrepancy and are using it.

Check a listing that has this and you will most likely find this category.

Many other categories allow variation listing using this other sub-category when they are not on the official lists. The disadvantage is that you are not using the eBay catalog which may affect visibility and sales.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

In Turbo Lister the button is Create Variations and it is found under Details just above the Item Specifics edit button.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

So I would suspect that sellers have discovered this discrepancy and are using it.

Oh yes indeedy they are.
Chinese resellers are using this to list thousands of bait/switch pricing items where they show an item that should be significantly more money selling for example at .99 cents. When you open the listing you find that there is a radio button that once clicked shows the actual item selling for a much higher price and in fact some loosely related crummy item selling at the stupid low price.
For example, I was looking for a new pair of "Bluetooth stereo headphones" so i did a search with those keywords and then sorted with lowest price + shipping showing first. and page after page of listings from scammer Chinese sellers showing these ridiculous low prices with photos of items that are in fact selling for higher prices.
I have reported the items and sellers to Ebay numerous times and absolutely nothing has been done. Yet another dishonest practice that Ebay is involved in. Ebay has lost all credibility in so far as being a reputable company. it is quite obvious thaT ALL THEY CARE ABOUT AT THIS TIME IS MAKING A FAST BUCK and integrity, honesty etc are of no concern to them.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I knew about the variation listings and the abuse of it for a long time. The low price flaw was discovered as soon as the variation listing was announced years ago. Variations were limited to specific catagories and sellers would list in the wrong category just to be able to list many items (related or not to each other and the category). Back then you could report the variation for being in the wrong category.

But then eBay kept allowing "other" sub categories to allow variations in many categories where variations are not allowed. So this loophole was found and abused. The variation listing can no longer be reported for being in the wrong category now.

A simple fix would be to close down the "other" sub category loophole in categories where the parent category is not in the list of allowed variations.

Sellers always find loopholes in the system. Buyers too. eBay when setting up a system cannot see what the loopholes are going to be or the issues they will cause. eBay takes far to long to see an issue and fix it. Too quick a fix and the fix makes issues. And so on. The eBay system is complex and worldwide in many countries. Any change can affect the system worldwide.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you all for your help and input to the situation. I am not in favor of misrepresenting my items in any shape or fashion so there won't be any issue there.

I can't stand seeing those Chinese sellers with 91% feedback rating and still being allowed to sell on ebay but I guess that's a whole new topic.

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply