Making money off our Feedback woes - Disgusting!!

Well, we all know how few buyers leave FB these days.  And we all know there's an opportunist for every imaginable woe in the world.  Here's a new one (or at least a new one on me) -- it turned up in my personal inbox this week (I would NOT recommend going to the website!! -- I've altered it so hopefully it's not a clickable link from here).

By the way, this message did NOT come from within eBay, but from an email address at the site shown below.  The "EBay Feedback Reminder" moniker is simply a ruse.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Don't be fooled - I imagine there's a bill to pay somewhere down the line in this scheme.  (BTW, they may not know that eBay already does send FB reminders).

"Hi rose-dee,

I wanted to let you know about our Feedback Reminder solution for eBay sellers.
We know how hard it is to get buyers to leave feedback for their purchase, that's why we came up with "Feedback Reminder".
Feedback Reminder will send friendly & automated reminders to your buyers through eBay's messaging system, reminding them to leave feedback for their purchase.
The results are amazing, our users report a dramatic increase of up to 50% in positive feedback!

Want to see for yourself? try it with our 7-day trial! (a link in the original message)

And that's not all, sign up today and get a special signup bonus, your own copy of our "Guide to Your Feedback Success"!

We would love to hear any questions you have, so please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
--------------------------
Rebecca Norfolk
Support Manager
eBay Feedback Reminder"
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"we all know how few buyers leave FB these days."

Many sellers have made such a claim.  I am not sure it applies to everyone.

I checked every eBay transaction for the last five months.  I had 241 transactions on eBay and received 200 positive feedback.  That works out to 83% response rate which approximates my fifteen years experience on eBay.

As far as "feedback reminder" is concerned, it is a waste of money, obviously.

My listings do NOT ask for feedback.  What I do is simple: with every transaction, I send an invoice including a message thanking the buyer for the purchase and prompt payment.  A small coloured label is attached to the product packaging once again saying Thank You and asking for feedback if every aspect of the transaction was satisfactory.

It works.  At least, it works for me.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

I'll subscribe to one if someone can come up with a way to get them to forget to leave fb

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Im also hitting around 80% on receiving feedbacks.  I think for me, I sell something a little unique and most of my buyers are truly happy with what they get. With no surprises.  Service as well as product. 

As far as the feedback service that you were  offered. Just another person trying to make money. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply