'Man orders Kindle and receives 'tumour sample' in courier mix-up'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-35275855

"A man who ordered a Kindle electronic book reader received a patient's tumour sample instead in a courier delivery mix-up.

James Potten said when he opened the FedEx package the box was marked as 'patient tumor - specimen enclosed'.

Mr Potten, 37, of Cotham, Bristol, received a parcel from an address in California which was supposed to go to the Royal Free Hospital in London.'When I opened it I had quite a shock,' he said...."

But imagine how the person who ordered the tumour felt to instead receive an e-book reader: "Oh man, not another kindle! Where's my human tissue sample?!" Obviously, as this was an international transaction, someone in Fed Ex Logistics was having a pretty bad day. They read the first part of the tracking numbers and the last part and that was close enough. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Oh, yuckkk.  

On the other hand, would I open a box marked "patient tumor - specimen enclosed".  I don't think so.  I think I'd have FedEx on the phone immediately.  Some people just can't control their curiosity.  I guess he never paid attention to the old adage about curiosity and the dead cat.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You never know, maybe it was a dead cat. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

LOL.  Woman LOL

Actually, it would make sense sending a cat tumour from the U.S. to a lab in the U.K.  They have some of the best veterinary labs in the world. 

I still wouldn't have opened a box marked "tumour sample".  Woman Tongue

Message 4 of 4
latest reply