May 14th 2014 Weekly Board Hour

Hello everyone!

Please excuse us as we're a little late today, I'll try to stay on a bit longer to compensate. Fire away!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Whew, I was worried!  First time I've been around a computer at the right time for the weekly board hour and I thought it wasn't going to happen, lol.

4 questions...

1)  someone posted in the forums, a week or so ago, that they had talked with a customer service rep on the phone and was told the time to file and Item Not Received claim had changed, from 45 days after payment to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date shown.  The customer support pages are still showing 45 days.  Is this correct, or have things changed?

2)  How are items featured on your profile page (found when you click on a user's name) picked?  Mine always seems to show the couple of items I have listed that aren't like the hundreds of other items that I mainly sell.  Doesn't matter if those few were listed first, last, have a long time left to run or are almost expired.  What criteria are used by the system to pick them?

3)  Can you put combined shipping discounts into business policies on ebay.CA yet?

4)  Most pages I view on ebay.CA have a few drop-down menus across the top of the page - English, My eBay, Sell, Community and Customer Support.  But on the Feedback Profile page the Community dropdown is missing, so you can't get to the forums from there.  Why is that page different, and can it be made the same as the rest of the site?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@stouffvillejen wrote:

Whew, I was worried!  First time I've been around a computer at the right time for the weekly board hour and I thought it wasn't going to happen, lol.

4 questions...

1)  someone posted in the forums, a week or so ago, that they had talked with a customer service rep on the phone and was told the time to file and Item Not Received claim had changed, from 45 days after payment to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date shown.  The customer support pages are still showing 45 days.  Is this correct, or have things changed?

2)  How are items featured on your profile page (found when you click on a user's name) picked?  Mine always seems to show the couple of items I have listed that aren't like the hundreds of other items that I mainly sell.  Doesn't matter if those few were listed first, last, have a long time left to run or are almost expired.  What criteria are used by the system to pick them?

3)  Can you put combined shipping discounts into business policies on ebay.CA yet?

4)  Most pages I view on ebay.CA have a few drop-down menus across the top of the page - English, My eBay, Sell, Community and Customer Support.  But on the Feedback Profile page the Community dropdown is missing, so you can't get to the forums from there.  Why is that page different, and can it be made the same as the rest of the site?

Thanks!

Hi stouffvillejen,

Those are great questions 🙂

1) There were changes made to the US buyer protection program (formerly known as eBay Buyer Protection, recently renamed eBay Money Back Guarantee). Like eBP, eMBG covers any item purchased from eBay.com. Under eMBG, buyers can open an Item Not Received case as soon as 1 day after the estimated delivery date (10* days after payment if there was no estimated delivery date) and up to 30 days after the estimated or confirmed delivery date. For items purchased from eBay.ca, buyers still have to go through the PayPal Purchase Protection program and the cut off time to open a case there is still 45 days after payment.

2) The items featured on your eBay profile are those that will end the soonest. There is no way to change or customize which items you see there.

3) Combined shipping rules are not part of Business Policies but you can create several different Combined shipping rules profiles.

4) This is not working as intended. I've flagged this to the appropriate team for them to address. Thanks for the report!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Follow-up to my post 2 weeks ago about discrepancies in my Defect Report:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For GLOBAL Transactions, my Defect rate shows 6; For USA it shows 4

When I use the “Download a Report” (see which transactions have defects)

The report  shows:  Your total transactions with defects as of April 30, 2014: 1

Is the report inaccurate? Or am I not doing it right?

When will it be fixed/accurate?

raphael wrote:

Thanks for flagging. I'll need time to investigate this, so I'll update this thread when I get to the bottom of it and send you a note by email to let you know I did so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to nag, but...

My report is still showing this same info.

Any update?

I sure would like to be able to identify which transactions resulted in these defects, so I can determine if I could have avoided them (and if I need to change any procedures going forward)

Is anyone else seeing this discrepancy in their reports?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

3) Combined shipping rules are not part of Business Policies but you can create several different Combined shipping rules profiles.

Thank you for all the info.

With regards to business policies and combined shipping rules, though, there is still something missing.  When I log on to ebay.COM and create a business policy for shipping, I can link a combined shipping rule I have created to it - there is a place where you can select a shipping discount profile by name.  There is no such place when creating a business policy for shipping on ebay.CA.  You can create combined shipping discounts and name them but there is nowhere to use them when lisitng an item using business profiles.  (At least there wasn't a couple of months ago when I last tried to use business policies on ebay.CA.)

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@bookelph wrote:

Follow-up to my post 2 weeks ago about discrepancies in my Defect Report:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For GLOBAL Transactions, my Defect rate shows 6; For USA it shows 4

When I use the “Download a Report” (see which transactions have defects)

The report  shows:  Your total transactions with defects as of April 30, 2014: 1

Is the report inaccurate? Or am I not doing it right?

When will it be fixed/accurate?

@raphael wrote:

Thanks for flagging. I'll need time to investigate this, so I'll update this thread when I get to the bottom of it and send you a note by email to let you know I did so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to nag, but...

My report is still showing this same info.

Any update?

I sure would like to be able to identify which transactions resulted in these defects, so I can determine if I could have avoided them (and if I need to change any procedures going forward)

Is anyone else seeing this discrepancy in their reports?

Hi bookelph,

I'm still working with the Standards team on this. Can you send me a copy of your defect report via email please?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If you look at this report and than expand it, it will give you the transaction numbers.

http://eshopping.promotw.com/globalsellerapp/view/us

Also, are you looking at the top number on your report or just adding up the defects? The top number is for unique buyers.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for trying to help...

The top number (for global) shows 6 defects

The report (-->Expand) shows 1 transaction number only

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@bookelph wrote:

I have someone looking into it. As promised I'll update you as soon as I get news.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This concludes this week's board hour. See you next week!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Following up on this:

@bookelph wrote:

As of 04/20 (the last evaluation, and the date upon which your defect report is based), you were on 3 month lookback (more than 400 transactions). So, it is showing only 1 defect for the 3 month period starting 1st Jan 2014.

Since your sales volume decreased to less than 400 transactions, you are expected to move to a 12 month lookback as of the 05/20 evaluation. So, after 05/20, your defect report will show defects starting 1st May 2013. Your Seller Dashboard is already showing this because that gets updated in real time.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply