Miss the store categories and search box? Try this link

goaliemitch
Community Member
We had a eBay store but realized it didn't work well for us and we couldn't justify keeping it just for the organization and the ability for customers to easily search all our listings.

We put a new link in this weeks auctions and we have been getting lots of positive comments about it. Thought I would share it on the board. Open to other ideas also.

To create the link you need to click on Search on the top of this page, click on the By Seller tab, scroll to the second box on the page (first one will not work as well), leave the search box empty, check mark the search descriptions box and enter your userid in the multiple seller's id box and click on the Search button. If you paste that address from your web browser as a link into your auctions, you will have a pseudo-store front for your customers to search from or browse the eBay categories on the left hand side. You can also sort your search results the way you want (ending first, highest first, etc) and display as gallery then copy the link.

If you need help with the html for the link, I would be glad to post further instructions.

Bob
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Miss the store categories and search box? Try this link

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Only one bad thing when you do this
http://search-desc.ebay.com/_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQsasellerZ52141462QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR10QQsotextsearchedZ2QQsosortpropertyZ3Q26sosortorderQ3D2
the search takes you outside the confines of your auction . It takes you to a banner add that runs across the top of your listed auctions. You could run into a situation were those banner adds conflict with your items your selling
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

goaliemitch
Community Member
Good point, I never paid attention to the banner ad before. I just checked and it shows up in any search for a seller's item unless done within a store. Still, I think it is a small price to pay for a searchable listing of all a seller's items that is easy to use by any bidder, especially the new ones that don't know how to navigate eBay's search pages.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

tinyclocks2003
Community Member
Hi, I just took a look at your auctions so that I could view a sample of the search box you were talking about.

I believe it will be an advantage to have a search index within each auction but I would like to see one first. Could you send me a link?

I knew it could be done but haven't had the chance to explore it because we have been so darn busy.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tinyclocks2003
Community Member
Ahhh, I see. It is a text link that will take you to an organized search index. I just tried it out and it is quite effective. Better yet....build a graphic and place the graphic that says something like "Search our store!" and hide the html behind an Href. So that when people click on the graphic then it will take them to the search.

Hmmm. Thanks!

Troy S.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply