Mistakenly bought from a seller with recent negative feedbacks in last month for not shipping orders

truecru
Community Member

Mistakenly bought from a seller without double checking his feedback.  All his fairly sized items sold in last month received negative feedback (did not ship out).  ebay doesn't flag this, and contacted seller to cancel.  Should I report dispute with CC or is it too early to make that assumption that seller has gone fraudulent?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mistakenly bought from a seller with recent negative feedbacks in last month for not shipping orders

@truecru wrote:

Mistakenly bought from a seller without double checking his feedback.  All his fairly sized items sold in last month received negative feedback (did not ship out).  ebay doesn't flag this, and contacted seller to cancel. Should I report dispute with CC or is it too early to make that assumption that seller has gone fraudulent?

Hard to say, 3 of those 6 negatives were all from the same buyer.

But it's not a good trend when compared to previous feedback.

How long has it been since you asked the seller to cancel?

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@truecru wrote:

Mistakenly bought from a seller without double checking his feedback.  All his fairly sized items sold in last month received negative feedback (did not ship out).  ebay doesn't flag this, and contacted seller to cancel. Should I report dispute with CC or is it too early to make that assumption that seller has gone fraudulent?

Hard to say, 3 of those 6 negatives were all from the same buyer.

But it's not a good trend when compared to previous feedback.

How long has it been since you asked the seller to cancel?

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just asked at the time I posted this. Didn't receive a reply but now got confirmation 6 hours later, of items being shipped via Expedited Int'l Shipping. Well I suppose, nothing I can do now but wait and see. Thanks for the reply.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Do you have tracking on those items? If not, note your provided delivery estimate and then add it to your calendar so that you can check back with the seller by the day after that date to ask about its whereabouts. Under ebay's MoneyBack Guarantee, you have 30 days after the delivery estimate to resolve any problem that you have with your transaction. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

No tracking number on the items either.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Seller is no longer registered. Item not received and eBay issued full refund.

Well as they always say, if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Always check seller history.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply