Music gear deceptions

Frustration - products that won't work until you REGISTER them, and put in an ACTIVATION KEY.... and then the ACTIVATION KEY won't take, and you find out it is the company's fault - everybody is having this same problem!!

And then you write it up in eBay Communities, and the long post you wrote is lost because something went wrong after clicking the "post" button.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Music gear deceptions

Lost post  may be saved, go to your username on the boards, top left, click on it, and look to the right of your personal page for autosaved drafts.

Also, if you go to the post you were replying to and reply again you should see at the top 'You have autosaved content, load or discard?' Select 'Load'

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Music gear deceptions

There's a lot to be said for writing out a long missive on a text or word document, editing and proof reading it, then using cut and paste to upload it to the interwebs.

It's a corrollary to the corrollary to Murphy's Law .

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will.

Corrolary:  Email and merlot do not mix

Sub-corrolary: The longer it takes to write an email, the more likely it is to accidentally be deleted.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Music gear deceptions

I agree, silly me for not copying my long post. Nuff said on that.

The REAL problem is the music gear - going on three weeks since I received it and I still cannot use it.

Registering and Activating a piece of gear that would work perfectly well without any of that.... Argggg?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply