My Latest Shipping Delivery Defect

I received another late shipping defect today. The items was bought on March 27 which was a Sunday and mailed Monday morning when the PO reopened. The estimated shipping time was between 4-18 days and the defect was left on April 14. which was in the estimated time after counting 2 Sundays & 2 Saturdays and being bought on a Sunday. I called today to see if it could be removed  because it was with in the time limit but I was told since I could not provide an exact shipping date it could not be removed. I tried to explain to the girl the cheapest way I could ship it to the US with tracking would be around the 15.00 for a 4.99 Auction with Free Shipping . She told me that no proof of a exact shipping day it could not be removed so it does not matter much about shipping times you show if you can not prove when you mailed it.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh boy - that same thing happened to me, it was a picky buyer who in all her (positive) feedback left nitpicky comments - just like you she left the late shipping rating BEFORE it was to arrive.

I never bothered calling CS and from your experience I can see that it would have been a waste of time anyways.

This is terrible news for all of us who do not use tracking - shipping defects now dependent upon buyer's whims and personality (or inaccurate memory)  VS cold hard facts.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

This is a "can of worms" for any Canadian seller, which ebay was made aware of but as usual, they feel they can over ride the "laws of the land" Whether it is Walmart or CP most people, except ebay, realize a receipt is known as "proof of purchase". But will they accept a scan of our CP receipt, no. This really is a class action lawsuit wanting to happen. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to start one and any lawyer knows dealing with ebay it would be along drawn out process and the "pain & suffering" portion would be in the millions with all the Canadian sellers that would sign up. Really, can you see any judge in Canada telling CP their postal receipts, that they give every customer, mean nothing, that it isn't proof of shipping. Can you see any judge saying yes, the seller is responsible for delivery time, not CP.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@lukey9 wrote:

I received another late shipping defect today. The items was bought on March 27 which was a Sunday and mailed Monday morning when the PO reopened. The estimated shipping time was between 4-18 days and the defect was left on April 14. which was in the estimated time after counting 2 Sundays & 2 Saturdays and being bought on a Sunday. I called today to see if it could be removed  because it was with in the time limit but I was told since I could not provide an exact shipping date it could not be removed. ...  She told me that no proof of a exact shipping day it could not be removed so it does not matter much about shipping times you show if you can not prove when you mailed it.

Your eBay CS rep gave you a rubbish answer.

If the item was delivered in the time range that eBay gave your customer, then it is not late.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I called back again to ask what difference it makes if the Parcel arrived in the 4-18 day delivery range with 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays in the total which takes it down to 13 days and I got the same answer that I received this morning from the other rep about proof of mailing date. What I do not under stand if it arrives in the time frame stated on the Auction what is the problem. It does not make much sense to sell an item for 4.99 with free shipping and then pay 15.00 shipping to get tracking and proof for the day you mailed it. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I would bring it up on the weekly board discussion with Raphael next week. If you have proof (in the form of buyer feedback) that the item arrived within the stated ETA then they should be pulling the defect. It's clear they need training on how to handle exceptions like this and the Canadian team needs to be pushing for that.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I  used mail services with tracking numbers for all my items and I STILL get defects for the so-called "late delivery" when in fact it has been delivered within 4-7 business days.  The estimate for delivery by PayPal is between 4-15 business days to USA and I still get defects for 11 packages!!   Who screwed it up?  For sure it is eBay!  All my packages arrived in time and way earlier than 4-15 estimated dates!!  So what is going on?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

A disingenuous slooow death of  numerous seller discounts.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

If you mailed from Canada on March 28, that was Easter Monday. Canada Post was closed nationwide till Tuesday, March 29.

But ebay was unaware of this National holiday and counted March 28th as a business day for delivery estimate making.

I am sure there are many others in your situation.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@lukey9 wrote:

I was told since I could not provide an exact shipping date it could not be removed. I tried to explain to the girl the cheapest way I could ship it to the US with tracking would be around the 15.00 for a 4.99 Auction with Free Shipping . She told me that no proof of a exact shipping day it could not be removed so it does not matter much about shipping times you show if you can not prove when you mailed it.

Could this be ebay's way of forcing all sellers to use tracking or take the punishment?  Sellers do not get to choose their own delivery estimates and The Question pops up even when the item arrives on time before the ebay date expires.  Whoever wrote this policy never mailed anything from Canada Post.  

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I do not know what their agenda is but what ever it is going to affect allot of Canadian sellers. I am one defect away from loosing my TRS  and I'm sure it will not take long for that the ways things are going especially  where 90 percent of the Parcels I ship are regular mail.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I was under the impression that either the question wouldn't come up if feedback was given before the latest estimated delivery date OR that if 'no' was answered before the latest eta, that the system would ignore it. I guess that isn't correct but if the buyer did say that the item didn't come by xx date and it wasn't yet that date...I would keep fighting it. If you can't get anywhere with customer service than perhaps send Raphael an email.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Hello 'pjcdn', 

<< I was under the impression that either the question wouldn't come up if feedback was given before the latest

estimated delivery date>>

It does.  I mentioned this in an earlier topic about sellers being held accountable for shipping delays.  I my view 

that question should  not appear if the feedback is left before the estimated end date.   Ebay provides those dates 

which are visible to the buyer and therefore the 'on time' question should not be visible until those dates have passed.

'Lukey', however, says "since I could not provide an exact shipping date it could not be removed", which does not 

surprise me from the ebay telephone attendants.  I suspect they have a script from which they must read and if there 

is no specified way in which to handle a query then the answer is to be 'no'.  

<<OR that if 'no' was answered before the latest eta, that the system would ignore it. >>

That's an interesting point.  I don't know if that is a possible option for the system or not.  It would appear, based on

the first post here, that the system does not ignore it, not when others, too, have recounted getting a "ding" for a 

'no' to the question when in fact the feedback was left before the date expiry.  

Whether or not someone(s) higher up the food chain will ever look into the problem and enable corrections, . . . . Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

The only thing that I do not understand is what Tracked delivery makes any difference at all if it arrived with in the estimated delivery time as shown on the Auction. If I loose this one I am one defect away from loosing TRS and things are slow enough now with out going further down the list 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

eBay counts if the label was purchase (and printed) thru them.

In your SD, it shows "Late shipment rate."

Late shipment rate

The "Late shipment rate" has if the item arrived by the estimated delivery date and if the postage was purchased thru eBay.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Hi Alex,

The label could not be printed by them as it was letter mail with stamps so that rules that out

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

if there is no tracking then printing the label through eBay still doesn't show proof of shipping or arrival so that would not have mattered in this situation.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

if there is no tracking then printing the label through eBay still doesn't show proof of shipping or arrival so that would not have mattered in this situation.

It saves you from getting a defect though.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

No it doesn't. eBay wants proof of when the item was shipped or when it was received. Printing a label does not show either.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

This is Canada - we don't have tracking or delivery confirmation for all services.  Printing a label through PayPal only helps when tracking information is uploaded to eBay and the acceptance scan from the Post Office shows that it was sent according to your stated shipping time.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply