My eBay not indicating auctions are paid for?

shooger
Community Member
My eBay is no longer showing that auctions have been paid for (by PayPal). It has been going on for a couple days now. I use email and My eBay to coordinate my shipping, so this isn't helping things. Recently, it was the emails not showing up. Now they're coming, but My eBay isn't working. What's next, both at the same time? Man, I sure hope not!

Anyone else experiencing this?
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

muminlaw
Community Member
I don't even look at My eBay and I sure don't trust emails to be timely. I just log into PayPal twice a day to see if anyone more has paid and carry on from there.

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Anyone who does use My eBay experience this?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

overtherainbowdesigns
Community Member
Yes, I'm having the same problem, ongoing yesterday and throughout today. Very confusing!
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Ditto here and my Paypal notification emails are coming slower than usual too. I have to log into Paypal just to check to see if the buyer has paid at the moment. Very annoying.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

laplaya29
Community Member
I am not receiving notifications of payment, or even notifications of end of auction, either sold or unsold. Paypal hasnt notified me of a payment the last 2 auctions. This is really frustrating, I would write to e-bay and paypal, but they are only going to write back and appologize and say they are working on it. Just like e-bay did when I said, I am set up for automatic withdrawls for payment of my fees, why arent you taking your money. The wrote back to tell me they had been experiencing problems with the billing problem and to be patient. I didnt wait to be patient, I paid them with a one time payment from my paypal account, I dont like seeing my fees go into the $200.00 range. So I paid them and I am back to a zero balance. All these improvements are just making more manual work for us.
Bill.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
One of the problems with Ebay and now Paypal as that as they get bigger, they employ more people who they have to keep busy, so instead of just leaving well enough alone on a reasonably functioning system, (and maybe laying off a few programmers thus cutting their payroll and keeping our fees under control) some system engineer has to validate his worth and that of his team and designs a new and improved system (in his mind) and thus we end up with all of these useless bells and whistles......

Message to Ebay, the system was working pretty good, but the bells and whistles are getting frustrating and hamper the performance.... and we don't want to pay for all of these add ons that do absolutely nothing to attract buyers to the site.......

Jeff
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
Yep having nightmare problems...used to depend on it now I get to do it manually!! E-Bay IF YOU ARE READING THIS FIX IT!! Why do we pay those fees for? To MAINTAIN the system. Good Grief!
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This does get very discouraging. And it's not just us being affected - here's an email received today from a regular customer of mine:

Dear Ann:
I think ebay must be having trouble today.
I can't get into MyEbay with my password.
Anyway, can you please re-total what I owe you.
I was going to look over your site a little more, but with ebay not working, maybe I will just consider this complete.
thanks for your help and patience,
Jessie
/i>
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

yu-nique-collections
Community Member
It is not only confusing for us sellers, but buyers as well. I have had 3 brand new ebay members, all pay me twice, because their payment was not showing on their records, and they were worried the payment had not gone through. This causes them confusion and upset, does not provide a very good "first time experience" on ebay, and results in me having to refund multiple payments, with the "I am so sorry, little ebay-paypal glitch".

Like sunset_sports_cards said above...Fix this guys. This is what we pay our fees for.

Yu Nique Collections
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Fix this? I don't even think eBay has acknowledged this problem exists yet.

If they can't/won't fix this problem right away, they should at least acknowledge and post it on their announcement board (since it's unremoveable from 'My eBay' anyways). Some people might actually read it and avoid some issues with this duplicate payment/refund fiasco.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
I don't use the my ebay thing, but when I log in to look at bids on a multi item BIN, the who's paid thing isn't working there either. Likely same faulty code as in my ebay.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Having the same trouble here, I used to depend on selling manager pro to coordinate my shipping but it's been hell lately. Now, like everybody else Im having to log in to paypal and see if anybody has paid then having to go to my ebay and mark the sale paid so i can ship it.

Whats worse is, I've already had to spend extra money on express shipping to keep a couple of customers under control, cause thay had paid a while back.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply