My listing doesn't let worldwide customers buy my product

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have created a listing for my item three times on my own computer, and once on a friends computer.

The listing is Buy Now and I have 50 items available.

The problem is that customers outside of Canada are not able to buy the item.

I have set up the listing as being available world wide. I have checked the buttons

making international postage available.

I also had a friend create a second listing for this item, his listing has exactly the same problem,

OK for Canadians, doesn't work for the rest of the world.

Canadian customers are able to get a shipping and postage quote and are able to buy the item.

Everyone else in the world can't buy the item. 

See the attached screen grab done for me by a friend in the UK.

I have contacted eBay.ca help several times, they have been absolutely no help.

They don't seem to be able to escalate the problem to a technical support resource.

Before I abandon eBay.ca I thought I would ask the people in this community if anyone has had this problem

and if so were they able to fix it.

BTW search for "LazAligner a Finder scope alternative" to see the two listings.

Thanks for listening

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I see you are a new (or occasional ) seller.

Are you using the short form Sell Your Item Form or the Advanced one?

When you set up shipping overseas, are you ticking off countries from the Custom Destination section or have you just allowed the Will Ship Worldwide ?

Are you using Calculated Shipping or Flat Rate?

With Calculated Shipping you are also required to fill in the dimensions and weight of your parcel. Use metric. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and every other measurement will be an estimate.

I notice that dimensions and weight are often also requested for Flat Rate shipping. Don't understand why but it's probably not important.

I would advise using the Advanced SYI form, custom destinations, Calculated Shipping, and metric measurements.

BTW - I got  this Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code. when I tried the 90210 zipcode.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'd say there is a problem in how your shipping rates/method is set up.

I tested "LazAligner a Finder Scope Alternative" shipping for a few countries and did get a few shipping hits:

$65.15 -- Canada Post Xpresspost - International for Liechtenstein, San Marino, and Monaco

But most were: "This item will ship to country-name, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller and request a shipping method to your location."

This means the buyer would have to request, and you have to send them a customized invoice with shipping before they can pay.

Not sure why you are using Xpresspost, there are less expensive shipping options.

Xpresspost International shipping will not work for the USA if that's what you have selected (it has to be Xpresspost USA).

If set up correctly Xpresspost should work properly for 50 or so countries (there are many countries that it can not be used as a shipping option).

Really not sure why 3 of the smallest countries in the world have shipping and most of the rest do not.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply