My praise to CanadaPost

I just got a money order from UK buyer. The only portions of address that are correct is my name, street and city. He specified "NOL" instead of "ON", typed "7P1L5" instead of "L7P1L5" and what's best, he send it to "United States".

He did not specify return address, so it was impossible to bounce, but I am still amazed that post system was able to deliver it. Took 10 calendar days from UK.

CanadaPost rocks!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

My praise to CanadaPost

Wow that is impressive. You should contact Cp customer support & tell them. I'm sure it would be nice for them to have some good customer news once & a while!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

My praise to CanadaPost

Heh, the problem with this particular case is that post office does not take the GBP money order and I already shipped it thinking it would not be a problem 🙂

Anyone knows where can I cash this? Thanks.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

My praise to CanadaPost

sunnyvoip
Community Member
Just bring it to your bank and deposit to your CAD account. It will be exchanged to CAD automatically. I did it all the time with the USD money order I received.
latest reply

My praise to CanadaPost

faerywishes
Community Member
I agree dipmicro, sometimes CP is just so amazing!!

At my real job I took a call last month from a cardmember that was upset that he had gotten Finance Charges & Late Fees. He explained to me that he receives his statement the last few months around the time it is due.

So I quickly glanced at his address while he was explaining this and noticed his address was in Port Coquitlam BC, but Coquitlam was spelled incorrectly. I went to the screen to change it and that's when I noticed where his street address should be was only an Apt #.

I work for Amex US, so I explained to him how amazed I was that he actually received it at all every month. Especially that it was sent from the US. He had been calling every month since he changed his address back in Sept 08 and no one had noticed...lol. But then again in checking who had helped him in the past it was all reps from the US. 😉

But I have to admit, CP was pretty amazing in his case. Amex, not so much, unless it's a Canadian rep! So all in all we definitely provide the best service in Canada.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

My praise to CanadaPost

At my real job

Faerywishes, you keep a day job when you have close to 700 sales in the last 30 days? (number of feedback given). I still remember you when you started as a powerseller here, out of job, broke ... I am glad you are doing well now.

CP is pretty good. I have only one grievance with them, a small packet claim value $46 + ship, customer claimed not-received, they did not even contact me back after 2 urges, 90 days long passed. I don't even file that many complaints maybe one in 2-3 months. Otherwise I like them.

Btw. anyone here knows what's the monthly spending threshold with CP to get an account manager? I should start swiping my Venture1 card every time I pay, but keep forgetting.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

My praise to CanadaPost

I don't even file that many complaints

Of course I mean claims, not complaints ...
Message 7 of 7
latest reply