NON PAYMENT - NO REPLY - FALSE PROMISE - FALSE INFORMATION?

I ask Ebay to respond to four questions generated by the sale of these items.

140655334476, 140655341305, 140655350584, 140655819846, 140655826761, 140655828210, 140655882406.

There have been four requests for payment.

1. If prior sellers give false and misleading positive feedback about a buyer’s promptness and reliability, does Ebay consider itself responsible for any unfortunate incident experienced by a subsequent vendor?
  2. Why should I pay Ebay fees in January for items sold in December when the buyer with all of this illustrious prior feedback refuses to now pay.
  3. Because I had this buyer’s promise that he would pay immediately, and to avoid delays during the Christmas and New Year mail disruptions; these items were mailed by express to the buyer. He received these on December 29th. If I have to alert the police regarding mail fraud and thievery, will Ebay support the claim?
  4. Why can't I leave negative feedback for this buyer to protect future sellers?

Thank you.

M. Pawlowski

January 1, 2012

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: NON PAYMENT - NO REPLY - FALSE PROMISE - FALSE INFORMATION?

leb17
Community Member

Hi mpawlowski

"Why should I pay Ebay fees in January for items sold in December when the buyer with all of this illustrious prior feedback refuses to now pay."

When bills are due you must pay them.

Insertion fees are non-refundable.

If you file UPI (Unpaid Item) dispute on the buyer and the buyer did not pay for the item in the time frame that is allowed ((4 days) after filling then you need to close the case and request a FVF (Final Value Fee) from ebay then your account will be credit back.

"Because I had this buyer’s promise that he would pay immediately, and to avoid delays during the Christmas and New Year mail disruptions; these items were mailed by express to the buyer."

Are you saying that you sent the item out without getting paid first? If so, then you are at fault.

"Why can't I leave negative feedback for this buyer to protect future sellers?"

It has been quite some time now that ebay has passed that policy for sellers not able to leave a negative feedback.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The response of leb17 does nothing to resolve the situation created by the buyer's refusal to pay. It is quite astonishing that anyone would come to such a person's defense. For example, don't tell buyers we should not be able to leave negative feedback to sellers. That right would level the playing field and insures proper, reliable, courteous and honest actions by all parties in all transactions. I can also tell leb17 that this is the first time in more than 13 years on ebay where this is happened. I would strongly suggest that if a seller does not pay the account within five days that he be suspended from ebay until he has provided appropriate reason for his omission.  Also, buyers who leave positive feedback because there is nothing better to do, I have to ask them "Why?" They are just deceiving other buyers. Don't tell me a person makes payments promptly when he then refuses to issue a payment days later.  So what is going to happen with all of the other items this guy is going to purchase. I feel there is a responsibility to future vendors to appropriately warn them.

M.Pawlowski

Jan 1, 2012

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Leb is correct,you should never have sent the items without first receiving payment.Neither eBay nor PayPal will help you recover the items or force payment from the buyer.The problems you are having are a result of you not following the proper procedure of never shipping until payment is received.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The buyer did not pay.

You shipped anyway.

I need a thesaurus.

This is not eBay's problem.

File unpaid item disputes. The buyer might pay or might not. If he doesn't he will get Unpaid Item Strikes. Enough of those and he will be removed from eBay.

You could try reporting the buyer to the USPS for mail fraud if he does not pay and he is in the States.

Or you could start a Small Claim. These are difficult if the defendent is not in the same municipality, never mind country.

Meanwhile, you made the decision to ship before payment.

Put on your big girl panties and deal with your own decision.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

And- it's sportscards.

Wouldn't you just know it?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

leb17
Community Member

Hi again mpawlowski

Lets make is simple:

The response of leb17 does nothing to resolve the situation created by the buyer's refusal to pay.

File a UPI (Unpaid Item) dispute, close the case (after 4 days of filling), request FVF (Final Value Fee) from ebay.

I can also tell leb17 that this is the first time in more than 13 years on ebay where this is happened.

Are you saying...

This is the first time filling a UPI?

This is the first time you didn't pay your bill (seller fees)?

OR This is the first time you sent the item out without getting paid for the item first?

Please be clear on asking questions on the AC boards, you will get better advise on what to do about an issue you have. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

leb17 cannot solve the problem that you yourself created by sending an item before receiving payment. That was your choice. You've been on ebay far too long to do something like that Christmas or not. All you can do is file an unpaid item dispute and hope they pay (if they had prior strikes they just may pay to avoid getting their account suspended).

I hope you're not under the false impression that sellers who do not get paid are leaving positive feedback for their non payers. Since buyers can only get positive feedback, sellers know it is pointless to look at feedback received. Look at the feedback they have left for others instead and bid retractions.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Open the unpaid item disputes,you have nothing to lose by doing so and you may possibly get your final values fees refunded.There is nothing that can be done,however,to force a return of the unpaid items themselves.You will have to write off the loss of the items as an expensive learning lesson.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

stephanestdenis
Community Member

I recently put an item to sell, the winner never paid after 30 days, i open a unpaid case, 30 days after i re-list my item, in between i paid the ebay fee, i sold my item so ebay ask me to paid again the fee. now i have paid 2 fees on the same item, on the web ebay site, they write that i will be credited buy i'm still waiting until june 2012 (more than 30 days)

I have no feedback from ebay, i dont know if they will credit me ??

Message 10 of 10
latest reply