Need Help Regarding Payment!!

I won a bid March 2, went through the payment process and received the following message:

" Your payment is still processing. If your payment is declined for some reason, you'll see your items under awaiting payment in my ebay. You should then try your payment later."  

I have contacted the seller several times by email to indicate there is a problem and have not received a response. 

Today is March 5th and the payment still has not gone through and I have not heard from the seller.

I signed into paypal and find the following error message: "transaction ID in your link is invalid."

The payment shows as unclaimed and the recipient's name unregistered. 

Can anyone explain  "transaction ID in your link is invalid" ? 

I have never encountered this problem before. Is this a problem with the seller's listing?

Should I sign into my paypal account and cancel the transaction?

Should I wait until the seller contacts me to resolve this issue? Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Are you backing your payment with a bank account? These 'e-cheques" take up to ten days to clear the Canadian and US banking systems.

Paypal has its own Resolution Centre and Customer Support. They are pretty helpful. Try there.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I am not using e-cheques. My payments are instant transfers, and my paypal transaction shows as such.  The payments, as per paypal transactions have been sent to a recipient with an email address shown, but payment shows as unclaimed. Feedback I have received from a pay pal volunteer advisor indicates that the seller most likely has an incorrect email address.

I have again canceled the payment and will wait for the seller to contact me. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The most likely cause is an error in the way the seller's PP account is set up or linked to the ebay item, but I'd take it as a handy warning not to deal with such a seller, on the grounds of their incompetence. Just forget it.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

My payments are instant transfers

From your credit card or from your bank?

If from your card, yes that is instant.

If from your bank, it will be removed instantly from your account. Then it is goes for clearance, proof that there really is money in your account. Then it gets exchanged from Canadian dollars to US dollars. Then it gets transferred from your Canadian bank to PP's US bank. Then it gets transferred to your seller's PP account.

All of which takes up to 10 days.

Instant transfer/ free shipping/ military intelligence -- none reflect what is really going on. Or as George Orwell put it "Doubleplus ungood."

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@afantiques wrote:

The most likely cause is an error in the way the seller's PP account is set up or linked to the ebay item, but I'd take it as a handy warning not to deal with such a seller, on the grounds of their incompetence. Just forget it.

glad to hear you have diagnosed the situation and come to the conclusion it's the seller. 

Not sure how or why you would think that, since it's a PAYPAL transaction and when the buyer goes through PAYPAL the PAYPAL transaction ID doesn't show. 

I too will remember to blame the seller, because the last time  a PAYPAL transaction did the same thing to me, I called PAYPAL, and they looked at the PAYPAL transaction ID and they couldn't figure out why the PAYPAL transaction was showing incorrectly. 

Of course I was they seller at the time the PAYPAL transaction went through. I got an email from PAYPAL saying the paypal payment went through, but when I went to PAYPAL, the PAYPAL transaction ID wasnt there, or searchable. But the PAYPAL representative said it was OK to ship since on their end PAYPAL is showing the transaction as completed. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have contacted the seller several times by email to indicate there is a problem and have not received a response. 

Today is March 5th and the payment still has not gone through and I have not heard from the seller.

This quote from the OP is why I am inclined to attribute it to a seller problem.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Well, the buyer opened a case asking to cancel the transaction because "the buyer was unresponsive".  I agreed to cancel and the case is closed. 

I am somewhat peeved though that a case was opened with a reason that I as a buyer was unresponsive.

If my payment was unclaimed and the seller did not respond to my messages, what could I do?

Is this now a strike against me?

Am I expected to leave positive feedback for this canceled transaction?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply