Need Information about selling as a Company

Hi,

I want to sell used snowmobile parts on ebay.

Here are my questions : 

How is it possible to increase the maximum product quantity to sell ? I have 1000 and + products on my website and want to put all of them on ebay. I see I have a 10 products maximum / month which is way too low ...

(My website is a ''Prestashop'' website and  just got an extension that allow me to automaticly send all my products to ebay.)

And what are the positive side to have a ''Ebay Store'' ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Need Information about selling as a Company

Selling on eBay reaches more worldwide customers than one's own website.

However, eBay has rules and policy for new sellers limiting the number of listings and total value of listings for several months until  new sellers have shown reliability.

eBay and PayPal also withhold payment to new sellers for 21 days from date of payment by buyers.  Sellers are still responsible to ship upon receipt of payment but will not see the money available in their PayPal account for 21 days.

It is best to start small and expand as you go along.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Alright.

And should I go with an Ebay Store ? Is there an advantage to have a ebay store or should I stay with a Standard account ?

I see there is options to pay 24.99$CAD / month and have a 250 products with no insertion fees as a Ebay Basic Store. Is the limits raised to 250 as well ?

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

"Is the limits raised to 250 as well ?"

Unfortunately not.

In general terms, an eBay store is best suited for more experienced eBay sellers.

On one hand you pay a monthly fee (in US$ if on eBay.com, in Cdn$ if on eBay.ca) for the privilege of having more listings and lower Final Value Fees (FVF).

Without a store, you have fewer "free insertion" listings, pay slightly higher FVF on your sales but do not have to pay that monthly fee.

As a Canadian, if and when you are ready to open an eBay store, I urge you to open on eBay.ca to save the foreign exchange differential.  A store on eBay.ca still has the ability to list on ALL eBay sites: eBay/ca, Ba.com, eBay.uk, eBay.au, etc...

There are also many advantages in having an eBay store: newsletter to buyers, markdown manager, ability to put store "on vacation", etc...

It is important to remember: one learn to crawl, to walk, to run.... in that order!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Okay.

Thank you very much for your advise. Really appreciated!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Nice website. Very professional and feels trustworthy.

You should have an anglophone look over the site to correct some minor errors. For example , the English is "payment" not "paiement'. And since you are now advertising worldwide, you should refer to Matane QC Canada, not just Matane.

Use eBay as an advertising medium as much as a sales site. Include a brochure about your business in every package. You seem sophisticated enough to be doing this already.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Brochure in every package sold on ebay is a very good idea! 

On which page have you see the 'Payment' mistake ?

We speak french here in Quebec... I do my best for the english version! 

If you noticed other mistake, let me know.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

the error is on Front page listed towards mid to bottom, see attached

error.jpg

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

eBay is a process. One does not start selling, ones learns to sell on this platform. eBay requires you to start slowly so you gain their trust. It is just time and effort.

Follow their start-up rules and all will go well.

Snowmobile parts are an excellent fit for eBay.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 10
latest reply