Negative feedback

Hi,

My client send me a negative feedback because the machine I sold  was not working, even if we tested it and was working  before shipping.  I fully refunded him and I submitted a feedback revision request.  I have no answer from my client, the last message he sent me was before the revision request, he asked me how to remove his negative feedback.   In few days, the request will be closed and apparently the negative feedback will stay.   It makes no sense, the negative feedback should be automatically removed after full refund. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Negative feedback

Your buyer was a new member on eBay - his first purchase.

The feedback left shows he was unhappy with his purchase:

"THIS ITEM IS BUILT POORLY!! BAD PRODUCT! EVEN WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE! OVERPRICED"

Did the buyer return the item prior to you giving him a full refund?

Who paid for the return postage to you?

The fact you have refunded does not result in automatic removal of negative feedback. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Negative feedback

No I did not ask for the return of the machine, I told him to keep the broken machine. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Negative feedback

WOW !

A 'broken machine" sold for about Cdn$ 1,000.00 and you gave a full refund without asking for return?

I am impressed!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Negative feedback

Yeah, as a perfectionist, positive feedback and client's satisfaction is very important for me.  However, I asked the client a proof that the machine is not working,  he sent me a short video so I refunded even if I lost a lot of money.  Reputation is more important in long-therm but now I can't remove this negative feedback. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Negative feedback

"he asked me how to remove his negative feedback."

Considering the buyer has no prior eBay experience and indicated his wishes to remove or revise the negative feedback but may not know how, I suggest you give him a phone call to guide him through the process.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Negative feedback

If one reads the description, it looks like another drop shipper.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Negative feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you have 4 same items, you could ask for the return item and to replace it.  It is a lot of $$$$$ to let it go!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Negative feedback

"Considering the buyer has no prior eBay experience and indicated his wishes to remove or revise the negative feedback but may not know how, I suggest you give him a phone call to guide him through the process."

I sent many messages and I don't have his phone number.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Negative feedback

You have the buyer's name and address.  How difficult is it to get a telephone number?

If you can't find it on your own, ask eBay.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply