Never recived my item. Ebay and Paypal BOTH say that the other should take care of it

I purchased an item from China. They said shipping would be about a month. Waited an extra 2 weeks before contacting seller. Reply from seller says: Shipping is low, please wait an extra two weeks and then contact us after that if you still didn't receivem itema nd we will either reship item or refund money. Two weeks later (three actually as I gave the another chance) and I still haven't received item. I decide to first post negative feedback and then open a dispute and contact seller for a refund.

1) Cannot post feedback for an item 60 days after purchase. ?! Seller stalled and asked to wait and now I can no longer give feedback. So in essence, the seller gets away with it. No negative feedback so all is fine. This is just wrong and I TOTALLY blame eBay for this. Feedback should be able to be left at ANY TIME for the reasons listed above.

2)Openiong a dispute didn't work on both eBay and PayPal sited. eBay says since item was purchased before October 1st, 2014, the ebAy protection program doesn't apply and tells me to contact PayPal. On the PayPal site, the site says that since it was puircahsed on eBay, I need to open a dispute on eBay. I don't get it. Nobody cares or what?

3)I contacted seller for refund about an hour ago and hope I can deal directly with the, otherwise I am SOOL since both eBay and PayPal have washed their hands of this.

Even if I get a refund for the item, the will not cover my frustration with eBay with the fact I can not leave feedback after 60 adys.

Another thing, there is no e-mail contact information for eBay. None whatsoever. You can spend hours clicking on Contact Us links and EVERYTIME you are never given any contact information. This is very frustrating and just goes to prove that eBay is ONLY interested in serving their sellers and getting their fees. Buyers have NO RESPECT from eBay.

That is why I am writing on the Community forums because PERHAPS it is some eBay employee's job to go through the forums and try to resolve issues this way.

By the way, the item was on five bucks and I couldn't care less about the refund but the fact that no feedback can be left for a really bad experience is extremly frustrating (I should find a better adjective and stop using this one so much!).

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Never recived my item. Ebay and Paypal BOTH say that the other should take care of it

I am sorry to read your transaction did not work out.

You have been registered on eBay for over thirteen years.  One would think you would know by now the 60 day limitation to leave feedback (it has been the same for as long as I can remember).

Now, the rules are changing as far as making a claim through PayPal where buyers will be allowed to file a claim for up to 180 days.

As far as sending an email to eBay - there is nothing you could write that they have not heard before. 

Their rules and policies and well known and they stick to them.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Buyer Protection has a 45 day limit, and is reached through the Resolution Centre. Phoning or emailing during that time would get your referred to the automated online Resolution Centre.

After 45 days your Buyer Protection expires.

So.

Go to the credit card you actually paid with (PP is just a mediator) and phone the 1-800 customer service number on the back of the card. Ask the clerk about a chargeback. Have all your dates, payment amounts, transaction numbers etc handy for her to process your refund.

But cards have deadlines too, so act now.

While you cannot leave feedback after 60 days, you can Respond to any feedback, your own or your seller's, indefinitely. These Responses do not affect the member's FB score.

The most effective Responses are calm and factual.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply