New Paypal labels are not green. Twice the paper and toner waste. Can I disable those instructions ?

As you probably all know Canada post/paypal changed the label format. For whatever reason they probably thought it as an improvement.

On my side though all I see is a waste of resources.  Before I could print two labels per sheets. 

Now the other half of my label sheet is used by instructions. Which I do not need.  It uses toner for nothing and prevents me from using the other half of the sheet for a second label. I throw away in the garbage half a label sheet on every print.  This is just stupid.

I really try to limit ressource wasting as wasting goes against my beliefs and values.

I am very uncomfortable with this change.  Is there a known way to deactivate the printing of the useless ''instructions''  ?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

New Paypal labels are not green. Twice the paper and toner waste. Can I disable those instructions ?

@maxwar82 wrote:

As you probably all know Canada post/paypal changed the label format. For whatever reason they probably thought it as an improvement.

On my side though all I see is a waste of resources.  Before I could print two labels per sheets. 

Now the other half of my label sheet is used by instructions. Which I do not need.  It uses toner for nothing and prevents me from using the other half of the sheet for a second label. I throw away in the garbage half a label sheet on every print.  This is just stupid.

I really try to limit ressource wasting as wasting goes against my beliefs and values.

I am very uncomfortable with this change.  Is there a known way to deactivate the printing of the useless ''instructions''  ?

I've printed labels on Chrome, Firefox and IE and they've all had the instructions on the bottom portion .... for years.  What browser are you using?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I don't print labels often, but I reduce the size to 95% and print on both side of the paper.

Usually there is nothing on the second side of the paper, but if there is it is boilerplate.

The half of the label that doesn't go on the package gets cut off and used as scrap paper. The bottom half of the page is stapled to my copy of the invoice.

Nothing wasted.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

At the moment I am using self sticking labels so I cannot use the underside. I used to use normal papers but I ''inherited'' a large batch of the sticking types.  

Before, the instruction was in small font and together with the label would not use more than half the page when using Landscape mode.

Now, whether I use portrait or landscape, a single light packet label manages to use a whole sheet.  But only about 40% of the paper is the label.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@maxwar82 wrote:

At the moment I am using self sticking labels so I cannot use the underside. I used to use normal papers but I ''inherited'' a large batch of the sticking types.  

Before, the instruction was in small font and together with the label would not use more than half the page when using Landscape mode.

Now, whether I use portrait or landscape, a single light packet label manages to use a whole sheet.  But only about 40% of the paper is the label.

Can you set your printer to treat the top of half of the label page as a "page". In other words 2 pages per sheet.

Then when you print a label, select to only print the "first" page.

Of course this will depend on the type of printer you have, the computer operating system and how much control over the printer the computer allows you to have.

-..-

Brother laser printer, Puppy Linux operating system, Firefox.

-..-

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Here too. I've always had to use a full page for one label.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I find the Canada Post Corporation logo being colour to be an annoyance to me. 

I would also like to mention that if you are printing an international label, you need to double-check your Item Content Details because the label is rendering multi-item packages incorrectly, or at least it was as recently as this time (Friday) yesterday. In my case, the second item in the order duplicated itself and appeared instead of the first which meant the contents description and value was not entirely accurate. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

In your preferences change it to print in black and white.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Yes, that's what I'm doing... when I remember to do it. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Using Chrome and printing Landscape orientation I could print two labels.  But only the Light, small, tracked packet format. Expedited were bigger.

So far I have not found a solution. The labels are actually output as PDF so I could always edit em out but that sounds prohibitively time consuming.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Yes, that's what I'm doing... when I remember to do it. 

That's odd.  I only had to change it to black and white once and it stayed like that. Your preferences shouldn't have to be entered each time you do a label.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

The printer is finicky; it doesn't remember preferences, only profiles which have to be selected at time of each print job.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Are you changing the preferences on the PayPal site when the box pops up just before you click on your label?  

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Can you do a screenshot? 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@maxwar82 wrote:

What I was told, was that Pitney Bowes was not printing labels to CP specs, all along, and that this was their move to meeting CP specs.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

I both spoke with and emailed paypal about the Customs details problems that I saw on Friday and the Customer Service Reps were courteous and efficient. I received more than one reply to the email I sent them too. I was impressed by how it was handled. It remains to be seen, however, how long it will take to correct the label problem since I'm guessing it's a Pitney Bowes thing. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I'm on my iPad and am not sure how to do a screenshot on here.  I will rephrase the question....when you change the label preferences are you doing that in your browser printing preferences or when you are actually in the PayPal/Canada post program? I do it in the latter.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I see no way to do it on paypal. Where are printer preferences found that way? 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not happy with the new format, especially the font is too thin and too light and the tracking number is way too tiny.  I prefer the old format which has strong bold font and easy to read.  I am concerned with the too light font, the tracking machine may not catch the tracking numbers? 

I don't know why they need to change the format when the old format is working very well.

Famous saying:  "If it is not broken, don't fix it"  That is what PayPal is "fixing" when it is NOT "broken"!!

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Assuming that I am remembering this correctly and that your Mac works in a similar way...

input all the info needed for the label on PayPal and on the 2nd or 3rd screen when you click on pay now a box pops up with the print label button. Before you click on print look in that box and there should be an option in their to change size etc. That option shoul also give you the couch of Colour or black and white. Check off what you want and then save. The preferences should stick.

If that doesn't help send me a message and later on when I am on my PC I will send a screenshot.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply