New Promo: list up to 100k auctions free: invite only

21 REPLIES 21

What is the promotion? Invited sellers ("sellers") who list in the Auction-style or Auction-style with Buy It Now format pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein will pay no Insertion Fee per item listed ("Promotion") for up to 100,000 listings during the Promotion period as defined below. 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10-day listing durations are included as part of this Promotion. Who's eligible? This Promotion is available by invitation only. Sellers that are invited to participate will have received an email and/or a message in My eBay. The Promotion is then activated with the seller's qualifying eBay User ID. The Promotion is for invited sellers only and is not transferable. When is it? For listings on www.ebay.com, the Promotion will begin on Sunday, April 7, 2013, at 00:00:01 AM PT (12:00 AM plus on...www.ebay.com. For listings on www.ebay.ca, the Promotion will begin at 00:00:01 ET (12:00 AM plus one second) on Sunday, April 7, ...

Please take time to read the full terms for all the details.

Sellers can list a maximum of 100,000 items as part of this Promotion on the U.S. site at www.ebay.com, eBay Motors at www.eBayMotors.com (Parts & Accessories only), eBay Canada at www.ebay.ca, or with an eBay mobile application for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, or Blackbe...eBay's Fixed Price format, eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other V...optional features (such as Reserve Price, Subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) and Final Value Fees will still apply. For listing in 2 categories, y...seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have rece...Find out more about seller performance standards. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may exclude an...duplicate listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate Auction-style listings. The Promot...

Photobucket

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

How did notice arrive? By messages or by email?

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

How did notice arrive? By messages or by email?

Sellers that are invited to participate will have received an email and/or a message in My eBay.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

mine was email

Photobucket

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Nothing for me yet.....again!

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

My invite came at 10:04 am, I got one on this id but not on my other selling id.

I've been waiting for this, didn't expect to see one announced on a Saturday!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

My invitation came in at 10:30 am (Eastern) in My Messages - no email this time

My other selling ID (pierrelebel-canada) has not received the invitation (yet).

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

nothing here 😞

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I don't care. 🙂

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I am very disappointed with ebay. I have been receiving these invites and I do use use them. I  always make sure my account has a credit balance. I always ship within 1 day, etc. I am not sure why I would not get one this time. I shave a 100% positive feedback too. The only thing I can think of is that I received an unwarranted negative feedback last month which I did get reversed. Did this affect me. Who knows. I do feel like I am being discriminated against in some way, but I am used to that as I became disabled a few years ago and discrimination has become part of my life. 

On another note, I started on ebay when it began with a company I founded. Back then....well, never mind. Lets just say I've seen it all. This one just kills me and I am very saddened.  In my career life, this would never be allowed to happen.. Stakeholders would have me up against a wall in 5 seconds. 

Just my 2 cents worth. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I don't think anyone gets ALL of the promo invitations.  I have had only 1 with my store id but have received most of the promos on my other id's that I don't use often.  This time I received the invitation only on the id I use the least.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Since the promotions began, I always received it on this account. And I always used it. Nothing this time. 😞

But guess what? The account I ONLY use for buying received it! X-(  Wake up eBay! A buying account is a buying account! I don't want to sell with it!

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

The promotion runs April 7 - 13, 2013, and ties into the eBay Green Team "ReLove" campaign, which promotes both buying and selling used "pre-loved" items

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m04/i08/s01 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

That explains why I never got it as I traditionally am selling new items. Wait a minute. I also sell used licence plates. Hmmmmm.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Neither of my selling IDs get the promo this time, and at least 80% of my items are "pre-loved (aka used) goods" =( A bit disappointed. Oh well.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

"This one just kills me and I am very saddened. "

Don't feel that way.  There really is no rhyme or reason as to who gets the invite.  I have two accounts, both 100% feedback -- sometimes I get 3 or 4 promotions in a row.  Then I don't.  I didn't get it on either account this time.

Like Pierre mentioned, it seems that it was directed to sellers of pre-owned items this time.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

In don't care either. This play acting is a joke.

Promotions played out on this VENUE is similiar to a bunch of 7 year olds playing Pokemon.

Watch for stock options announced soon to the execs

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

I only sell used items too, and didn't get the promo. 😞  But since my items are mainly collectibles, maybe they don't fit in the "used" category as eBay sees it (like clothing, toys, DVDs, etc.). Oh well... will just wait for the next one. Hopefully, I will receive it.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

For those of you who were wondering about it:

the promotion is for up to 100,000 auction listings on eBay.com AND up to an extra 100,000 auction listings on eBay.ca

Get to work!

Message 20 of 22
latest reply