New eBay Auction Template - Can you critique for me?

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Hi Guys,

I've been aware that I have had a most miserable looking storefront and auction pages for some time now.

I hired someone to create a custom template for me. Before I give him confirmation on this project I was wondering if you guys could critique it for me?

Here is the link:

http://rogerwheatley.com/mts/

Thanks!

modern_tech_solutions
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

valuepricedsoftware
Community Member
I like it very simple and well laid out. You might want to include links to your different sections of the page at the top, it may help some find your shipping and payment terms. I would also include a shipping section similar to the payment section.

The user previously known as Knarfdotca.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Looks reasonable, I agree simple is best.

I don't really understand this part...

Any money orders in US funds can take up to 14 days to clear.

Any international money orders can take up to 14 days to clear.

Money orders, except fake ones, don't really need to "clear" at least not in the same sense as a personal cheque. I know there have been some cases of fake money orders but I think it's very rare and like counterfeit currency should be pretty easy to spot for anyone with a bit of experience.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Thank you for your feedback guys..

Ben - That is the template the designer created. I rarely hold money orders unless it is a higher end tech product or the buyer somehow raises a red flag. 😉

I am having him make a few more modifications as per VPS's suggestion

modern_tech_solutions
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

3alias33
Community Member
I like... not crazy about the yellow font... it looks stretched out. Otherwise, good!

I would include the links as mentioned in the string
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ben - That is the template the designer created. I rarely hold money orders unless it is a higher end tech product or the buyer somehow raises a red flag. 😉

OK that's good to hear, hope he/she sticks with HTML, any seller who put a 14 day hold on a money order could probably look forward to a bumper crop of negs!

Although I rarely buy on eBay I always prefer a nice clean and simple layout without an excess of information. TOS likewise should be a simple as possible, contain the absolute minimum of "negative" statements and always strive to make conditions come across as being of benefit to the buyer.

Ben

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I like it.

I agree with Ben on the TOS, short and sweet is always better. If I was a buyer I'd probably not read most of that and it might result in a dispute later.

Monique

Monique

Message 7 of 7
latest reply