New trend?

ecbluestar
Community Member

I am selling the same product with the same descriptions for three years and my DSR for description was always high, now since I offer free shipping for most of my listings my DSR for item description went down below standard, is this another way for buyers to punish me since they can't change rating for shipping????:|

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

New trend?

We can only see your 12 month DSRs, and the low one there is the shipping.

At a guess, after some time, your listings may have become stale. Perhaps it is time to rewrite them? Have the items changed in any way over the past few years?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

New trend?

ecbluestar
Community Member

I sell lots of apparel and few and my last few negs were for item being too small, they never ask for exchange or return, just negative feedback and low DSR. I use manufacture suggested sizing charts. But my point is that never was the case in the past and as you pointed out my lowest score was for shipping charges but since it is free they can't change rating now they lower my DSR in item as description. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

New trend?

I've sold some of the same stuff for years and it will go through cycles, one section of time everyone loves it, a few months later I have problems, later on everyone loves it again. Generally late January early February people are more grumpy (in my world at least) and around now (some years) as well. Intermittant ups and downs also happen through the year. If you can see a trend like international or Canadian or USA buyers are the ones complaining the most etc you can look at your processes etc from that perspective. Based on what I see about how little many people really understand about the feedback DSR stuff I'd be surprised if they were on purpose dinging you on a different DSR (and the one they're picking is the harshest one regarding impact on you).

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

New trend?

Could I suggest reducing your Returns section to :

If you have a problem product, please contact us. Upon receipt of the product, we can either issue an exchange, store credit, or a refund.

It may be that your buyers think that you do not accept returns on items that do not fit and are going straight to the Dispute to get their money back.  A "no refunds" policy also seems to be interpreted by PP/eBay as "I dont want this back, no matter what".

Are a lot of your unhappy buyers newbies? I wonder if these sports garments are made to fit tightly and if this is confusing buyers who are new to the sport? DD is a climber and her shoes are a good two sizes smaller than her regular footwear -- and her coach still thinks they are too big!

Perhaps you should be including a flyer with each garment explaining the sizing. Some of your buyers may be able to read ]:)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

New trend?

ecbluestar
Community Member

They don't go to dispute or trying to contact me, they keep product and lower my DSR for description. That happens mostly for lower priced clearance items.

My present return policy seems to be very clear:

I want you to be happy with your purchase. You can return your item with in the first 7 days of you receiving it. It must be new and in unused condition and still in the original packaging. There will be a 15% restocking fee of the subtotal only. NO shipping will be refunded. If it is after the 7 days I’m unable to return or exchange your item.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

New trend?

I agree with Zar, ECBlue I would get rid of the 15% restocking fee and modify the return policy. If I was the buyer, I would think oh great, I am going to be out all the shipping plus 15%- forget it, I will just leave a neg and move on, as its not worth the trouble and money out of pocket.

Just my take.

AXE

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

New trend?

I meant to say I agree with "femme" as above.

Cheers,

AXE

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

New trend?

ecbluestar
Community Member

I listen, all changes done, thanks for input.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

New trend?

I meant to say I agree with "femme" as above. Cheers, AXE

Oh, I'll take credit 😄

Ann

Message 10 of 10
latest reply