No exposure on international ebays like Australia or UK or France...

I am so frustrated,

I just spent 40 minutes with a useless Ebay customer service representative, trying my best not to lose patience, all I did have was a simple question: why my item do not show with the DEFAULT location search ie ebay uk for uk NOT a worldwide location search, while the items of sellers from the US show very well with the SAME keywords.

I got the most insane run around with answers like you should change your description?!!! of the items or on my end it shows when i do  a search!! I am most certain i repeated the question like 10 times without being able to have an answer.

I called earlier to ask why the option to add exposure to the UK for canadian sellers for something like 30 cents is not there anymore, the wiz told me that it is not needed anymore and as long as you put and check worldwide in you shipping destinations it will show on international ebays....this is simple not true it does not show.

Anybody else is having this problem, anything I could do differently? Any help is appreciated.

Spoiler

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your listing seem fine and have a shipping cost for the UK and Australia. At least for 3-4 I checked.

You do not get site visibility on the UK or Australia in the main search. This was proposed and implemented a couple of years back but stopped after 2-3 months when USA sellers flooded these other sites. I remember getting a few more sales from Australia and the UK during those 2-3 months.

To get UK visibility in main search there, there is an option to pay for visibility in the main search on eBay UK. No such option for Australia.

As for how some USA sellers get visibility as you mentioned, maybe they pay for it to get in the UK site.

Here is the eBay.com site help page on international visibility.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/globalexposure.html

Here is the eBay.ca page (it appears to be old and out of date with fees that do not match the SYI form when I checked with a test.)

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/globalexposure.html

PS The option for International Site Visibility (UK) is there on the second page of the SYI form but you need to make it show by clicking the arrow beside "Make your listing stand out".

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

you have to put a shipping amount for the us and australia b4 your item will show on those sites.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thank you,

I am afraid I did not follow, I thought I did specify the shipping amount for US and worldwide in my listing, or is it something else we're talking about?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Your listing seem fine and have a shipping cost for the UK and Australia. At least for 3-4 I checked.

You do not get site visibility on the UK or Australia in the main search. This was proposed and implemented a couple of years back but stopped after 2-3 months when USA sellers flooded these other sites. I remember getting a few more sales from Australia and the UK during those 2-3 months.

To get UK visibility in main search there, there is an option to pay for visibility in the main search on eBay UK. No such option for Australia.

As for how some USA sellers get visibility as you mentioned, maybe they pay for it to get in the UK site.

Here is the eBay.com site help page on international visibility.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/globalexposure.html

Here is the eBay.ca page (it appears to be old and out of date with fees that do not match the SYI form when I checked with a test.)

PS The option for International Site Visibility (UK) is there on the second page of the SYI form but you need to make it show by clicking the arrow beside "Make your listing stand out".

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Spoiler
I thought I did specify the shipping amount for US and worldwide in my listing

Poco knows best, but I wonder if you are clicking on the Add Another Location after you give the US shipping price.

It's a blue link. And like the US one, click on Custom Location.

Then choose UK and Australia, and any others of those that you want, and insert the correct service and price.

If you chose Calculated or Flat Rate Shipping for USA, you will have to choose the same for the other countries.

Do NOT add N&S America or USA in the second Custom Location. This will override the (cheaper) US shipping price.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thank you Poco, I missed the arrow down to view the UK option, it works now and the item shows on the UK site, wondering if US sellers have to pay 50 cents to have UK exposure as well?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, I chose UK and Australia and Europe normally and get careful not to override the prices by choosing US in a different shipping option. In Australia I show as an international seller, but what really is aggravating is that I see US sellers in the Ebay Australia location listings how do they do it? there i no option for Au visibility like there is for the UK...
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I don't really understand how they decide now whether or not a listing shows up on another site. For example, I looked for one of your items on ebay.au  - Bitty Baby Twin Dress -   There are 17 results and ALL are U.S. sellers.  When I clicked on 'see all matching listings from international sellers' at the bottom of the page, there were over 200 results....I believe that all or most were from U.S. sellers and yours wasn't included. One thing that it might depend on is how many listings are available with those key words. For example, if I search for the same thing on .com, there are almost 400 listings so they are only showing a portion of them showing on .au.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@pachom10 wrote:
Thank you Poco, I missed the arrow down to view the UK option, it works now and the item shows on the UK site, wondering if US sellers have to pay 50 cents to have UK exposure as well?

Yes, seller listing on eBay.com have to pay for UK visibility like eBay.ca sellers.

eBay keeps making changes to the SYI form since last December and things look slightly different and are slightly different.

One improvement they made was to add or remove options. It is one popup instead of 5 separate popups each for a section of the SYI form.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I did a similar search and It seems weird and Ebay representatives don't have an answer for it.
For example, In UK ebay with the search: corolle les cheries my listings will never show unless I click on worldwide location while it does show under international sellers with the default location search on ebay Australia, in Europe like France or Sweden Ebays: no luck and now for the icing on the cake I used to have 50 no fees fixed price listings a month, it does not apply any more we will have to pay 30 cents per listing, another discrepancy is that Ebay states 20 cents for international visibility:
starting price:$10.00 - $24.9 fee: $0.20 while in fact I paid 50 cents for UK visibility...
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, good to know there is some fairness.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@pachom10 wrote:
I did a similar search and It seems weird and Ebay representatives don't have an answer for it.
For example, In UK ebay with the search: corolle les cheries my listings will never show unless I click on worldwide location while it does show under international sellers with the default location search on ebay Australia, in Europe like France or Sweden Ebays: no luck and now for the icing on the cake I used to have 50 no fees fixed price listings a month, it does not apply any more we will have to pay 30 cents per listing, another discrepancy is that Ebay states 20 cents for international visibility:
starting price:$10.00 - $24.9 fee: $0.20 while in fact I paid 50 cents for UK visibility...

In my earlier reply, I mentioned that the eBay.ca page was out of date.

This is a common issue with pages being out of date on the eBay.ca site. Not enough eBay.ca staff to maintain the site and poor knowledge of the site and what needs to be updated when things change.

Always go to eBay.com site and to the eBay.ca to check if there are differences. Then you have to decide which is right for eBay.ca!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thanks again, sorry I didn't pay close attention, I second reallynicestamps:"Poco knows best"
Regards
Message 13 of 13
latest reply