No more canadian Debit/Master card!!

My paypal debit card just expired and I called paypal to apply for a new one.  I was told there will not be one available anymore.  I mainly use the card to buy item at various sites online.  I also use it to get quick cash from the ATM when I needed it.  Now, there are no other options, I'm very upset by this.  I got screwed by paypal all the time and now this.

Richmond, BC
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: No more canadian Debit/Master card!!

tobyshitzu
Community Member

What is your expiry date?  mine expires the end of spet and got the repalcement a couple weeks ago.  They switched away from Chase bank to another, so not sure it will still work with the no premium on exchange rates.  That sucks if there won't be another when it expires in 2 years

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Mine expired on end of aug.  I have read somewhere else that even if you got a new card, paypal won't activate it.  Good luck.

Richmond, BC
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

You can get VISA debit cards in Canada now. I'm not sure how many banks have it, but I have one from CIBC.

It can be used online just like a regular VISA, except it takes the money out of your checking acct.

I used to have a paypal mastercard too and was dissapointed to hear they stopped it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The main thing for me is not able to get the daily $400 from paypal rightaway when I needed it, not having to wait 3 days before the fund got transferred into bank account.

Richmond, BC
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

After reading this post, I got a little scared. I use my paypal debit card for everything so I called Paypal. I was told  I was "grandfathered" and would always receive my renewal card. I have had the debit card since it was first introduced. For those of you in the same boat, no need to worry.

Vicky

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Apparently paypal said it was a glitch on their system and has now been fixed.  I have then applied for a new card.  More than a week later still no card.  I will keep you guys posted, hopfully I will have my new Paypal debit/visa card soon.

Richmond, BC
Message 7 of 7
latest reply