No resolution possible?

Hi everyone, 

I have been having a tough time with some of my ebay transactions lately. Very frustrating!!!

The most recent problem occurred today.I received 3 small figurines from the same seller by mail. When I opened the box and started unwrapping each one , one figurine had its head broken off in transit.

Another which had been described in mint condition, had a chip out of it and it's head glued back on at some point.

The third figurine had a hairline crack that started at the bottom and went up to the sleeve of the figurine.

I wrote to the seller and included pictures. He wrote back and said he would give me a credit minus the shipping which I paid, actually overpaid, because I paid $15 & the actual shipping was $7 on the package.

I would have to send them back with confimation of delivery which may cost $20 or more.

The total cost for the figurines was $38.85. It's totally not worth it to pay $35 in total for shipping charges in effect to get $3.85 credit.

I'm thinking that I have to accept the total cost as a loss. It's all win win for the seller because either way he's out no money whether I send them back or not. If I don't send them back the money's all his and if If I do send them back he'll probably glue the damaged one's head back on and re sell them all.

I always look at feedback before doing business with a seller.This one has 100% feedback for the last year.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No resolution possible?

Hi .. A good seller would have accepted pics and refunded payment . For claims filed PayPal refunds full payment.

When a dispute is opened , PP immediately places a hold on seller's funds. You don't have to escalate to a claim for 20 days and another week for PP to instruct on returning. At that point would have to make a decision to return or not. Seller may have a change of heart. I would file.

Can leave the feedback deserved with low DSR's

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No resolution possible?

I'd file too.

In addition to the "return with Confirmation of Delivery for refund", which given this seller's poor customer service so far would be necessary, you have up to 60 days to leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings.

Feedback is fine, but the DSRs are really important. Normal boring transactions should get 5 star ratings.

The lowest Rating is ONE. If a seller's ratings drop below 4.3 his ability to list and sell are severly restricted. His account may even be closed.

Don't mention FB and DSRs in your communication with the seller. Offer pictures in exchange for the refund, rather than an actual return. You have his email address -- that's where you sent your PP payment.  Be polite (Canadian, eh?) but firm.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply