Not enjoying EBay anymore :(

sunshine2426
Community Member
How many of you feel this way? It's been 3 weeks and I'm not into it anymore. I find so little money for a lot of work. People don't have bidding wars like they used to. Way to many watchers. I feel like stopping for awhile and it's my busy season. Advice would be great!
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

katiusciav
Community Member
sunshine-just before reading your post, i was telling someone how slow its been for me on ebay the last three weeks or so. i have so much money to make back...i thought i was the only one, but after reading a few posts here, i realize, its just slow for ebay...i'm guessing the change of season...i know i'm busier myself doing outside stuff etc...
it is discouraging! i feel the exact same way. 😞
i'm sure once the novelty of spring wears off, ebay will pick up again-dont' worry-i'm almost certain yours will too-people will be hitting the stores real soon to get new summer attire, as the weather gets hotter, that means they'll be checking out your attire soon too..

ps...i too have a lot of watchers and no action!! its frustrating!
anyways, you're not alone 😐
Kat
Message 2 of 88
latest reply

sunshine2426 - Given that the good weather is approaching and you expect your sales to grow then you should use this low period to better plan for the upcoming months were you expect to be more busy.

eBaY in general has been slow the last few weeks as we have seen our sales decrease also - fortunately we alot of none eBaY sales to make up the difference so we do not rely on eBaY for all our sales.

Another would be to look into using the CROSS PROMOTION features where you can team up with another eBaY vendor and promote each others products - typically this works only with two sellers that do not have competing products.

Good Luck

TIM @ FTL
Message 3 of 88
latest reply

sunshine2426
Community Member
Thanks guys 🙂
Yes Kat I have been doing some gardening but I'm not excited anymore like I used to be. I hope it's just because it's slow. I have tons of stock in the basement I need to sell it all but I'm tired of making such little money for all this work.
I guess I will enjoy this down time and read more.
Message 4 of 88
latest reply

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
Sorry you're having a bad week sunshine but at least you weren't NARU for the past week like I was... at least there's a bright side 🙂
Message 5 of 88
latest reply

sunshine2426
Community Member
What does NARU mean?
Message 6 of 88
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Not a Registered User

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 7 of 88
latest reply

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
NARU = Not A Registered User

Happens when eBay suspends your account or you call it quits with eBay.

I don't recommend becoming NARU as once you get your account back you have to start your store again, deal with hundreds of emails from old bidders wondering why they can't have the item they bid on and also wondering if they should cancel their paypal payments made on items purchased before you became NARU... it is enough to make anyone want to quit eBay trust me.
Message 8 of 88
latest reply

Hi Sunshine,
I haven't been selling on eBay that long and sales had been very good until the last 2 or 3 weeks. Now that bidding and sales have started to slide I can understand what you mean. When your Seller Account starts getting almost as high as your Paypal account it does get discouraging. But I am going to hang in there, find new products to sell and continue working on building my new website. Then when things pick up again I will be in a better position to do well. I hope things pick up for you soon.
Judy
Message 9 of 88
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Our sales for April are our highest ever. We are approaching $3000.00 and may make it there by month's end. Ebay fees are running about 15-17% this month. No complaints here. Hope things get better for your soon.
Message 10 of 88
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
that's another thing i forgot to mention...not only am i NOT selling, but the cost of the fees keep adding up-that never goes down unfortunately, and the relists add up and up...things really need to change for me too soon..:-(
Kat
Message 11 of 88
latest reply

girlie_susy
Community Member
sunshine, i feel the same way. if it weren't for the listing sales i would probably not list anything on ebay lately. i'm extremely discouraged. 😞

katiusciav, my ebay profits don't even cover the my ebay fees for the past 3-4 weeks! :_|

i hope it's just cuz it's tax time, and it'll pick up a little soon.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 12 of 88
latest reply

sunshine2426
Community Member
Thanks everyone, now I know I'm not alone 🙂
Today is really slow. Oh well... off to do other things I don't normally have time for and that's teating myself 🙂
Message 13 of 88
latest reply

aznduyen
Community Member
This has been a really slow month for me too. Auction was so bad that I had to change them all to BIN, but the fees are double. Can't win either way!!! 😞
Message 14 of 88
latest reply

sunshine2426
Community Member
what are you trying to say??????
Message 15 of 88
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
WOW!
I might not understand or agree with some of bestshowtime opinions but tea, your last post is not cool. I know you always tell people to lighten up and have a sense of humour but making fun of people who make an effort in speaking a second language is just wrong. What are you going to do next, steal a blind mans white cane and watch him bump into things?
Message 16 of 88
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Not at all surprising that the post is gone.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 17 of 88
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
Bill,
I guess that others that read this thread now will be wondering what the heck I was talking about in my last post. At least I know that you and I guess a few others know what I'm talking about.

Harvey
Message 18 of 88
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Harvey, like you I found the post to be a real cheap shot. I disagree with a lot of things bestshowtime says and does but I don't belittle his efforts at communicating in a language that is obviously new to him.

I don't know who pushed the button but thanks for doing so.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 19 of 88
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member