Notice said paid and okay to ship but there is no transaction record in paypal at all yet?

I sold an item on Ebay.  Received a notice that the buyer had paid the full amount with Paypal and it's time to ship.   However, Paypal does not have any record of the transaction.  (I'm not talking about the 21 day holdback/pending).  How long does it take for paypal to be updated that a payment was made?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Notice said paid and okay to ship but there is no transaction record in paypal at all yet?

It's usually at most a few hours.

But while you might wrap and label the item now, I would not ship until you have the money in PP.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Paypal infrequently experiences delays from payment and posting from what I have read. It's never actually happened to me. 

What is your handling time? Can you wait a little longer? If not, call Payapl Customer Service and ask them what is going on. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are a new seller.

Did you know that PP will be Holding your customers' payments for 21 days after they clear* against your good performance?

Is there an hourglass and a 'pending' beside the eBay Paid notice?

That's an uncleared payment. Don't ship yet.

Once it shows as a blue dollar sign, you can ship. But double check in PP as well.

*If your buyer backs her PP account with a bank account, she is writing an 'e-cheque' and like any cheque it has to clear before it is credited to you. This can take up to 10 days. Don't ship until it clears.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply