Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Need Advice

Hi, If anyone has any advise on how to handle it, I sure would appreciate it. I sold an item to someone in Germany. He paid paypal (1st mistake) and wanted it shipped to his friend in California. I told him I didn't want to ship to CA, because it was...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sell-Through Statistics

Thought some might be interested in this: eBay Average Sell-Through for Week Ending February 8, 2004 All Categories - 41% ************************** Antiques - 38% Art - 22% Books - 38% Business & Industrial - 38% Clothing, Shoes & Accessories - 43% ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Accounting Software, which one do you recommend?

I'm thinking about getting a software package to keep my books. Of course I need one that handles USD as well as Canadian. I have been thinking about using Quick Books Pro. Any comments / suggestions? Also, how do you guys handle Paypal? I was thinki...

Paypal question

How can you tell if a customer used their paypal balance or paid via credit card? All it says about the transaction is 'instant', and I can't figure out how to get that info. Lainey

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Stolen ID

This is the third time I have had this excuse given however this time I am totally perplexed. Someone won an auction from me this evening, I emailed payment details. I received the following response: Hello, There seems to be a problem. It seems that...

Mutual Feedback Removal ... and other USELESS eBay policies!

I just discovered they have added the Mutual Feedback Removal to help: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MFWRequest but I go there, type in the item number, and it tells me I am not involved in that transaction, although it is an item I have ...

Insurance process on Small packages....?

Hi there, I shipped 2 small packages on Jan 12 (the date that the insurance fiasco started on the packages leaving Canada to the world, 100$ that was included on all packages but with no tracking #'s) I shipped a package to USA that has not arrived y...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

NEW VIRUS

Hi Gang, Beware about new worm e-mail Virus. Delete ant suspisios e-mail with ZIP attachemnt. ExampleS of e-mail body message: "The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII encoding and has been sent as a binary attachment." "Mail transaction fai...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Small Package Rates

I started another thread on Greyhound courier however some may not read it thinking only that Greyhound handles large parcels. If you insure your packages right now with CP, then these rates may be a competitive alternative for you from Greyhound and...

Greyhound Courier Express

I have received documents through Greyhound before however I had not considered using them until now. Has anyone used them to ship parcels on a regular basis and what has been your experience with deliveries, breakage, costs and paying insurance clai...

Should I? or should I not?

Hi Guys, I am thinking of getting the Paypal Mastercard Debit card. Any advice? should I go for it? Anything good about it? Anything bad? Thanks in advance.

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cheap USPS Rates

I purchased a wireless keyboard for my PDA on eBay on January 29th. It was air mailed from California, fully insured on January 30th and arrived this morning at my house February 4th, 3 business days later for a cost of $3.75 US. I shipped something ...

Texas Justice

I seldom turn the tv on during the day or even in the evening for that matter save to watch one or two favorite shows. I flipped on the tv to watch the last 5 minutes of "Texas Justice' the redneck version of Judge Judy. There was an eBay seller (5 p...

GTA Arrest Couple Selling $$$$$ Stolen Items on eBay

I caught the tale end of a new cast tonight about the Peel police (I think it was Peel) arresting several people today involved in theft and selling the stolen goods on eBay. Apparently the lead guy was a truck driver and was stealing off the trucks ...

So how clueless can some buyers be?

buyer bought one of our widgets on January 7th. our terms of auction are payment in our hands within 21 days MAX. we sent an EOA notice with ALL details including address. a week later they rfequest our address. we reply and copy original email again...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

$5 Manual Manifest Charge by CP

My CP rep has informed me that the $5 manual manifest charge began in January. I have not yet received my January bill to verify this but he said that it will definately be on my account. He said that the warnings have been out since October and that...

1st month of 2004 slower 4 you?

Hi I was wondering what the some other PS'rs have seen so far in 2004? My own holiday sales were strong, but after the 5th of january its been much much slower, almost 30-35% slower. despite the ebay hype about roaring sales I was wondering what othe...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Everyone knows that paypal and the check out is coming to Ebay.ca but what about GST & PST

We all know that paypal will soon have the check out system on Ebay.ca . I am really curious as to weather it will include tgthe taxes as an option At present time the ebay.com site check out does allow for you to add taxes. So if you live in CA in A...

What happened to Penny Gallery Fees?

I listed on eBay.ca yesterday to take advantage of the one-cent gallery special, supposedly running through until Feb 7th. My gallery fees showed up, correctly, as .01cent.. This morning, gallery fees are back up to .25 cents. Pinks?

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

GST and PST not part of Paypal WHY NOT?

I am looked through some of the tax discussion. What a pain....if you don't pay taxes you are breaking the law and you should be reported. I collect taxes and yes I fill out all the darn forms too....I send in the money too. And yes it is a pain in t...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Remember Mike Rowe - Check This Out

The guy who was recently sued by Microsoft for breach of tradename by calling himself Mikerowesoft (or something like that - please don't sue me Microsoft, this is an honest mistake). In any event, he is auctioning off the legal complaint filed by Mi...

"The UPS Solution"

From what I understand, if all us PowerSellers agree to ship under one account, we could save up to 50% for shipping with UPS! Meaning that their prices for Standard Service would start at only $7 for 5-day delivery. If we all use the same account we...

• 42 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help - Explorer 6 - Full Screen Problem

If anyone can offer technical help with this problem, it will be appreciated.... For some reason, my brower has gone into full-screen mode and I cannot find anyway to turn it off. I have no task bar at the top (showing url that you are viewing) or an...

Pain in the neck Question Mis-use

I have a guy email me through the Ebay question section of my ad page. I have met a lot of strange people over the years and clearly this guy seems to be one. As far as I am concerned, he can be as ignorant and stupid as he wants. He is not a custome...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

SELL NOW: Canadian Demand Roars Into 2004

Unlike most retail businesses, buying on eBay grows after the New Year. Heading into 2004, we’re already seeing huge growth in demand that is outpacing supply on the site. And much of this demand is coming from Buyers in Canada. There’s no customer l...

Having a second ebay Store with same USER ID

Howdy Does anyone know if it is possible to open a second ebay store linked to the same user ID? I am thinking about selling a new product and which has nothing to do with what I can selling now. How do I keep them separate? Does anyone have any idea...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Telephone Numbers

A little while ago, I expressed my feelings about being upset in an earlier thread about eBay making my phone number available to someone who was not a customer, who had not completed a transaction with me and in fact never did. I realize that we all...

anyone willing to share email lists??

hello everyone! i was wondering if anyone out there is willing to share email lists with me, or include each other's ebay store deals in our own newsletter. I have a client list of about 1000 emails, and it grows about by 100 per month. My people bou...

Canada Post Shipping Discounts

Where do I apply for Canada Post shipping discounts 10-15% off counter rates for Canadian Powersellers? twobudds

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.