Now I just want my payment back , what should I do?!!

I am really disappointed with the recent payment on ebay, I purchased an item from a Germany seller,

The thing is its been 27 days still not receiving the item, and the seller and I all agree that the item has lost, thus he suggest me to open an dispute on paypal, I tried and opened, but just another way to communicate with the seller, seller said the payapl has started to withdraw from his account , but there's no information here with my paypal balance, I am not sure if he's telling the truth or not. 

Secondly, I am not even sure if the seller if he mail the item out or not, because there's not sign on my account showed he ship the item, I trust him before because I used to have some seller who forgot to click the button on mailed, but still get the items.

This time is totally different. I am not even sure I can get my payment, my refund ! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's odd that the seller requested that you start a Paypal dispute, since this gives him a black mark on his record.

However, there is no problem for you.

The first step PP suggests is to communicate with the Seller. You have done that.

Have you proceded to the second step, actually opening a dispute?

I assume that the dispute you opened was "Item Not Received". The seller now has to give PP the Delivery Confirmation number to prove delivery OR he can refund you immediately.

The second is best for him, since the black mark goes away and he gets his selling fees back.

If he does NOT refund you PP will do it out of their own pocket and go after him for the money. He keeps that black mark.

If he gives a Delivery Confirmation number , PP will extend the deadline to allow for delivery. However, there is still a deadling (65 days from purchase instead of 45, I believe.) Then you will be refunded.

Tracking (Delivery Confirmation) from Europe to Canada is expensive. It is likely the seller did not use it.

And delivery from Europe is quite fast, faster, in my experience than from North America. Still, 27 days is awfully early to think the item has been lost.

If you have not opened the account, do so.

You will get a refund.

If the item arrives, you can refund the refund by using PP's Send Money service. Ethically, you cannot keep both the money and the item.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi thanks a lot for your helping, Would you please teach me the process of how to ask for a delivery confirmation through paypal?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi, by the way, the reason I considered it lost was because the other items I purchased from Germany all safely arrived last week and they all been shipped later that the "lost one" based on seller's description he's not even ship the item by register letter, thats really strange ;(
Message 4 of 4
latest reply