OK, SO WHERE IS THE 5¢ LISTING SALE FOR NOVEMBER?

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
I have noticed that eBay usually offers a 5¢ listing day at least once a month.

Sure would be nice to see one about now, especially with Christmas coming, and the cut off dates for shipping worldwide and to the states. I would hate to have to refuse an order because of the cut off shipping dates with CP... 😞

Anyone have any ideas as to when and if there will be a 5¢ listing sale this month?

Is there any way to know before it is advertised? I usually get only a 1 day notice via email, on these things. Probably like everyone else.

I will assume that if there was a way to know when the 5¢ listing day were to occur, then everyone would wait and not list their items till that time, so it kind of makes sense not to tell everyone it will happen mid month or next Monday, etc...

I was just wondering...

Any thoughts or experience with this?

Thanks, and best regards.

Frank

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

ecbluestar
Community Member
That might not be a rule since listings are now 35¢.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
Well, the way I see it, with this new 35¢ BIN listing format, unless you put items up in the Auction Format, your items end up at the bottom of page 5!

Auction items seem come up first in a search with the best match feature, and the BIN items are thrown in between here and there... 😞

Not sure if this is the rule or just the way the search listings come up with 'Best Match', but my listings seem to be coming up at the bottom of the list, regardless that they are ending within 2 or 3 days... 😞

The only way to get good exposure in search results it seems, is to list a whack of items in 'Auction Format' as well, that way, they seem to come up on page 1 or 2 of the search results.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have moved most of my listing to the 30 day BIN format for 35¢, and now to get proper exposure, I have to spend more money, listing them into an Auction Format as well!

Might have been smarter to leave them in my eBay Store at 3¢ and investing the rest in Auction Format listings to draw people to my store...

I would like to get some observations from others on this as well, how do you feel about the 35¢ BIN format, and Best Match results?

It seems, the 'Best Match' search parameter is what the search defaults to all the time.

I know you can probably change the default search parameter, but the average person would just search for an item and take the 'Best Match' default, so we are no further ahead...

I have tried changing my listing titles to include more descriptive words, but it doesn't seem to be helping...

At least with a 5¢ listing day, I can get quite a few of my listings into an Auction Format for a small investment...

Any comments?

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

eureka9988
Community Member
I too would like to see a five cent listing day - well over due!!
Renee
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

well over due!!

Overdue????

Last one was a month ago!

I have noticed that eBay usually offers a 5¢ listing day at least once a month.

Hardly! Here's a list of eBay promo day history, hasn't been updated since May but it's been rare for there to be promo's on a monthly basis.

http://auctionbytes.com/cab/pages/ebaypromos

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
Well...

It sure would be nice to have a 5¢ Listing Day on let's say... Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 right??

No harm is wishful thinking...

Thanks for the update though recped... 🙂

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree and wish eBay would give us a promotion once every month. I am still waiting and waiting and waiting and why can't eBay use their common senses to give that promotion NOW which is ideal for Christmas shopping!!! Say, we can contact eBay Live Help asking them, we need many of us to do that. Wanna try?? Maybe it help?? Thanks.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

why can't eBay use their common senses

Ehey are using common sense....no need for a sale when it's high demand time.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

The 5 cent listing day for November should have been Monday the 17th based on their past pattern. I wouldn't offer a 5 cent listing 30 days before xmas, would you ?
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Unless it happened this week, it's pretty much too late to offer a 5c listing day anyway. Soon we will be too close to the Christmas shipping deadline to be able to get items to customers guaranteed before Christmas.

I agree with Recped- why would they offer a deal on something that they know we will pay full price for in this high demand time of year?

Axe
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Take a look at the steady increase of listings on eBay.com in the last few months (most of the increase is in fixed price listings)

Does eBay need to offer promotional listing fees? To what purpose?

Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Ohhh but I see a little curl heading down, quick they need a 5 cent promo to avoid the curl down... :P Thanks.

Sukh
(Dream About Comics)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks.

Sukh
(IComic.ca)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

jewelry_quest
Community Member
I agree we are well overdue for a 5 cent listing day for November. The way I see it everyone benefits from a 5 cent listing fee promotional fee day. Sellers benefit because we put more items on what seller doesn't take advantage of a .30 cent per listing savings? Also Ebay benefits because sellers put more listing on which has got to help increase Ebay profits as well. And lastly the buyers benefit because there is alot more selection on the days those auctions end.

Although I feel Ebay should give us a couple of days notice when a 5 cent listing day is coming up so we sellers can prepare better to list. I always get mine in my email just hours before the 5 cent listing day is to start. Wouldn't it make more sense to give sellers a better heads up so we can prepare our sale items better we could end up listing even more if we're better prepared. Just my opinion anyways.
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
I agree with jewery_quest...

Yes, everyone including eBay benefits from a 5¢ listing day, especially with the higher FVF on sold items...

The 5¢ listing day allows sellers to list more of their items in an Auction Format, for a lot less money. Listings that they choose not to enact because of the higher costs to list your items... The BIN items still exist and will continue to exist until cancelled, at least that is the criteria I have in place for my BIN items.

Buyers benefit from the lower auction price as opposed to the BIN price, and our listings get better exposure because the Best Match search format shows the auction items first, with the BIN items thrown in between for good measure...

Visits to our eBay Stores increases with increased exposure and inevitably, more sales directly from our eBay store, and other sales directly related to our BIN listings as well.

Logically, if you have 300 different items listed on eBay with the BIN format, then depending on what the buyer is looking for, they may only see a small portion of the products you have for sale. The whole idea is to get them to your eBay Store where they can view all the products you have for sale, and possibly buy other items they find in your eBay Store. By having more listings on eBay, I think the chances of them visiting your eBay store increases dramatically!

One aspect of marketing your products is getting people to actually look at what you have for sale. You can sell the best products in the world, but if nobody knows you have them for sale, then they won't sell!! Remember, Sales are derived from the Marketing effort you make, not the other way around...

With millions of sellers listing many products on eBay, exposure is a huge conern, especially if your products are not 'unique' in nature, and the search results for common products are in the thousands...

We need the reduced listing fee breaks to properly list our items via the Auction format for better exposure, the 'Best Match' search parameter is certainly not doing that for us!!

As stated in an earlier reply to this post, "it is almost getting too late to have a 5¢ listing day, as the cut off period for delivery to the U.S., etc., is only a couple of weeks away, depending on how you ship your items..."

I do not believe the premise that 'why provide a 5¢ listing day when this is a high sales time of the year?'... My sales are not up as expected, with the recession in the U.S., I think everyone is watching for the best sale possible, and the best bang for the buck as they say... What better platform to use for sales at this time than the Auction Format with reduced prices??

Hopefully the above makes sense from a marketing perspective...

Frank

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

celticstudio
Community Member
Hey,
Whoever said that eBay was logical?; no feedback for Sellers??? Blind DSRs that seem to make no sense? And the list gets longer!!
EBay not getting the higher FVF from Buyers actually buying?? None of these make good marketing sense... but who are we ... we are just the people that pay the fees from top to bottom. Sellers are eBay's customers... Buyers are ours. If we treated our customers the way eBay treats Sellers they would be long gone... we are looking for another format but in the past eBay built a great platform to sell and once they dominated the marketplace as the best option out there in this form of selling... we .. the Sellers gave them the power to treat us poorly with very little respect. It seems to me that there is a big similarity to eBay and the US auto industry. Once you grow complacent and ignore your customers (Seller's) feedback and take them for granted eventually you wake up one day and you are in trouble and need a "bail out".
From a marketing stand point, where does eBay make their profit from listings or FVF. Although it is a combination, Sellers will not keep listing on a site that does not deliver sales and profit, how else can we pay the listing fees.
A November 5 cent listing day NOW just makes logical sense but marketing sense does not matter when you are piloting a ship onto the rocks intentionally.
Just my thoughts.
Louis
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
This is the current promotion running on eBay.com:

***Try additional Pictures for 10¢ -- November 18 – December 18, 2008***

Something tells me that there may not be a 5 cent listing sale any time soon. I hope that I'm wrong.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

With regard to feedback...

A business in the real world is no different than eBay. If the customer is not happy they will stand up and shout it. They may go the the BBB to leave feedback and they may post "Bad Vendor" for others to see.

I don't see the difference between bricks and mortar and virtual in this case, neither vendor has any method to spout off about the customer. Remember. feedback is a buyer thing, it's how buyers rate sellers, which they do in the real world as well.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

celticstudio
Community Member
"I don't see the difference between bricks and mortar and virtual in this case, neither vendor has any method to spout off about the customer. Remember. feedback is a buyer thing, it's how buyers rate sellers, which they do in the real world as well."
The difference is that in the real world we have the opportunity to defend ourselves.. give our side of the story, contact the BBB and present our case. EBay removes this ability from Sellers when we can make no comment about the Buyer's preformance. The evaluation is just totally one sided with no possiblity for defence. In a court of law it is like the accused having no right to present a defense. I think they refer to this as a "Kangaroo Court".
In the "real" world when you make a purchase and pay no insurance for shipping when it is offered you do not get the benefits of the insurance. How many Seller's replace any item or give a refund when a Buyer says they did not receive the item. We all have because of the treat of negative feedback which is totally unfair when we can not respond. Try this in the "real" world!! This is what makes the current eBay policy of one sided feedback completely different from the "real" world. Ebay turns the world upside down with a policy that allows no defence!
Louis
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
Posted: 24-Nov-2008 12:47 AM

How about a "Seller special! 50% off Auction-style Listing Fees" ?????

2 days only! Nov 24-25

Good for Auction-style listings
Reach shoppers looking for deals
The more you list, the more you save

check it out...............
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Curious as to why eBay.ca will no longer be announcing Listing Sales on the General Announcement board? Any one know why?

Susan
Message 20 of 26
latest reply