OMG it's finally over!

I did it!  I converted all 350+ listings from .ca to ,com.....omg it only took 9 days....9 loooongg days. ( 9 days x 8 hours = 72 hours )

So many glitches, the migration tool needed to be reset over and over, I had some listings in CDN funds, the migration tool would not accept them, so I had to relist in US on .ca and them manually enter each one into the tool by item number one at a time....the tool (which is an appropriate name, imo) would not let me add multiple item numbers....ugh.  

Not to mention that it uploaded ALL my prior listings, including ones that sold months ago and many many duplicates...took forever to comb through to find my current listings, move them to .com drafts and then complete each one, entering the shipping for each one manually....blech.

Then, of course, I had to go back and delete the original .ca listings...thank you to whomever came up with the Duplicate Listing Tool!

(http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm) In case you need it!

Oh, and then I had to go back to my stock and re tag everything with new item numbers....shudder...

All said and done, I am not really surprised that eBay caters to the US, living in a border city, my whole childhood was full of commercials for toys and snacks that we could not find here, shipping for almost every online site is outrageous, not to mention taxes and duty once it reaches the border, all the best clothing stores, concerts, etc are in the states....that's fine, I will just sit back eating my dill pickle chips and Coffee Crisp happy to be finally finished...

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

OMG it's finally over!

My store on eBay Canada... contains 3,743 listings for the sale of books.

It was my choice not to use the Migration Tool to change US dollars to Canadian dollars and keep my store on eBay Canada.

The steps were

(1) Put the store on vacation for 31 days

(2) Bulk Edit item price ... 3 hours

(3) Bulk edit shipping cost.....  3 hours

(4) Change listings from US dollars to Canadian dollars.....  one-listing at a time...

120-125 listings per day...... one minute per listing...  2 hours each day  for a total time of 60 hours..over 30 days

Already completed 10 days of conversion

I can sit and relax in front of the computer  and watch TV...   

Total time......  66 hours.  over 30 days... and ....  in control from start to end... no messed up listings

On June 15  I will be selling books  listed in Canadian dollars on eBay Canada

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

OMG it's finally over!

It was back in September/October 2008 that I moved my listings from eBay.com to eBay Canada.

(1) Uploaded all of my listings... about 1200 listings... onto Turbolister  About the middle of September

Started to revise all listings  for the transition to eBay Canada.

(2) October 1..... ended all listings on .com......Ended my store on eBay.com... opened a store on eBay.ca

(3) Started to upload revised listings to .ca... on October 1

Revised listings  plus new listings were uploaded to the store on  .ca....  and sales continued

It was one day at a time....for a total of 30 days....

Message 3 of 3
latest reply