OT: What are you doing over Thanksgiving weekend?

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Everyone,

It's been quiet here so I thought I would post an off - topic message! So please if you do not want to read it...don't complain!

Just curious what all of you will be doing over the Thanksgiving weekend?

We're off to Saskatoon tomorrow as our youngest daughter is competing at the Sask Open/Sask Skate figure skating competition. She'll be competing on Saturday and Sunday.

My husband is working all weekend...Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We'll celebrate American Thanksgiving in November when our oldest daughter and two granddaughters are here visiting as my husband will be working Saturday, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday...12 hour shifts.

The weather is supposed to be beautiful so I'm sure we'll enjoy our drive to Saskatoon.

Should be a fun weekend watching the best of Canadian figure skating converge on Saskatoon!

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Enjoy your turkey and dressing and most importantly...your family and friends!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: OT: What are you doing over Thanksgiving weekend?

I will be spending time with my family and having Thanksgiving dinner with my brother and sister in law.
Most of my husband's family will be there, so it will be nice to see my niece and nephews, some of them I haven't seen in quite some time.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

bighillbargains1
Community Member
We will be visiting with friends in the Crowsnest Pass. We're planning a big hike to Window Mountain for Saturday. This will get the kids off the couch!
Enjoying some beautiful Fall Weather here in Alberta...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

DD and her fiance have been visiting us for the past week. This is the fiances first time west of Alberta.

I got them tickets to Question Period today and we all went to the War Museum when DH and I got off work.

We will have Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday and on Sunday they are off to visit Cape Cod, where a girlfriend from Australia days is an oceanologist.

Other than drinks with the neighbours on Monday, that's about it.

I think I will be making my Mushroom Strudel as a side dish, and the usual Three Desserts on One Plate.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Thanks to all the posters...always appreciate the info given.

Off to brother's for family dinner. Turkey and ham. Then watch the Canuck's game.

In the midst of some home reno's , so we are really appreciative of the home-cooked meal.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

DH and I just bought a trailer and had it installed in a trailer park near Southampton. We spent last weekend there, then came home for 2 days and went back for the rest of the week.

We will get together with our children and grandchildren in 2 weeks which was the only time everyone was free at the same time. The week after that our kids are having an open house for our 40th wedding anniversary. The trailer was our gift to each other for that occasion. Now I can't wait for spring to arrive so we can spend lots of time there!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Judy
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

fenian
Community Member
Drove a few hundred miles to visit Mom-in-Law, then another 80 miles round trip to visit Son's family (and play with the grandkids!). Great Thanksgiving dinner! Had a strong wind storm - knocked the motorhome clear off the bumper jacks! I did sneak in a house call to a lady who'd asked me to call when I was going to be in the area I visited - bought some nice postcards and some old Air Force pins! >>> Michael
Message 7 of 7
latest reply