Ok PS Canadian's You get to sit down w/ Ebay.ca Staff what would or how would you improve on Ebay.ca

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I really am interested in your thoughts. Say you got to sit down with Ebay.ca Staff CA(pink's)

Some thought's do you list on ebay.ca ? yes no ?

Do you take payment in most Canadian or American Funds

Who do you ship with CP or others

How could you improve Ebay.ca

I really value what other Canadian's ebay's have to say . I find that Canadian's are more too the point , but not rude

I will post my thought after . But would be interested in your thoughts

Todd

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Ok PS Canadian's You get to sit down w/ Ebay.ca Staff what would or how would you improve on Ebay.ca

thebidwatcher
Community Member
dtech,

I alrready let you have it on your other thread so I will be gentler here.

PayPal will call you unconfirmed just because of your credit card info. They will confirm anyone outside of the US - yet - but this soon will change. See pierrelebel's thread about this on Canada Town Square. Besides, how else can they prove who anyone is other than a credit card? It's not they know who you are. It's an on-line service that has to do with money changing hands. There has to be a back-up plan.

Next. You do not have to go to PayPal to get anyone's phone number. They will not give it to you. They are not in business to divulge peronal info about others. You can however get this info instantly from eBay. You go to SEARCH - FIND MEMBERS- CONTACT INFO. The phone number and name of the person you want will instantly be e-mailed to you. This is especially vital if you want to confirm the contact info after some bonehead leaves you an unwarranted neg. Incorrect contact info is grounds for neg removal, see?

Lisa
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Sorry, first part should read "will NOT confirm".

Never mind spell check, how about info check?
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Sorry, but I'm not going to be as generous as Lisa. :<)

"Ebay support...has come along by leaps and bounds in the last year! A year ago you couldn't even find the link to report a bad bidder or seller....Now they have made everything much more accessable....including Support. Stands to reason that they may be temporarily be bogged down at times...I am sure they are working on it...."

As a seller who has been on eBay for over three years and with more than 4000 transactions under 2 selling and two buying ID's, I feel my comments about support delays were pretty accurate. I would argue that support a year ago (or two) was far more responsive than it is now.

During the summer there is a substantial influx of sport bidders and resulting NPB's. I get about twenty a month right now. I do pull contact info regularly and, just as regularly, find that many bidders have falsified their contact info. I am quite confident that the reaction time from eBay.ca Trust & Safety has suffered in the last year and would not at all agreement with your assessment that it is "temporarily bogged down". I would be willing to compare our experiences with specifics rather than generic comments.

The population of the USA is much closer to 300 million.

By the way Lisa, Paypal was supposed to start confirming Canucks as of Oct. 10th accoring to Paypal. I tried to find the url without luck and got hoplessly bogged down in their automated system when I phoned. I plan to try again tomorrow or Wed. to find out when they will actually allow Canadians to confirm their addresses.

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Hey there Bill,

I know PayPal was working on the Confirmation thing and Pierre has been doing a great job of keeping us informed too. He has found some loopholes and is a knowlegeable champion - much more so than I.

Whenever I see an unconfirmed address I just write to the buyer and ask them to confirm whether the address is correct or not. I rarely if ever have any problems but I just don't want my little babies going off to the wrong house.

That seems to be the best insurance of all until confirmation is a sure thing.
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Yep Lisa... but only if going to the USA. I'm really hoping we can get Canadian addresses confirmed before the Xmas rush this year. With Expedited we get delivery confirmation and it would be a great way to protect ourselves on shipments to Canadian addresses.

I already stipulate in my Paypal profile that I will only accept payments from confirmed addresses in the USA. All others are rejected. When I get an email asking me to make an exception I consider it - but the buyer better have pretty stellar feedback.

Bill

Bill

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

coumel
Community Member
I list on .com, .ca, .fr, and .co.uk. It always depends on the market i am aiming at, but still always ship internationally.
I accept any currencies as long as i can cash them without problems.
I ship via Canada Post always.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

netwhiz2002
Community Member
I list on .ca. On eBay.com and do a search of an item listed on .ca and I do not see the difference on the listing when it come up on .com or .ca. The .com listing still shows the location being Canada and the seller is registered in Canada. So, somebody please tell me the difference.

Maybe the only difference is that Paypal is NOT available as a payment auction on .ca. I really like to have that option available.

As for shipping, CP for domestic, overseas. UPS for south of the border.

Cheers
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

astro1
Community Member
I list on .com for one simple reason. Say the start price is $9.99 that is what shows in the search pages. If I were to list in Canadian funds it would show as start $13.98. You don't see the fine print that it is one and the same until you actually click on the auction that you are interested in.
if there are 2 identical auctions, one for $9.99 and the other for $13.98, a buyer is more likely to choose the $9.99 one even though to an experienced Ebayer there is no diff.
Yes I know I can list on .ca in US funds but this is simpler. As long as you check the box "will ship international" it shows on all ebay sites.

Richard
Message 28 of 28
latest reply