Once a seller sends you a combined invoice for multiple items can seller refuse combined shipping?

I won first auction, lost second auction minutes later however was given 2nd Chance offer for second item which I accepted and I requested combined shipping invoice. Seller submitted combined shipping Invoice then 10 minutes later refused me the combined shipping and deleted combined shipping invoice. Seller then informed me that I had to pay separate invoices. I believe this was done in order to charge me twice for shipping at approx. $20 per item. I refused and Seller opened an Unpaid Item Case which I will appeal.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Once a seller sends you a combined invoice for multip...

Is the seller opted into the Global ShippingProgram?

There will be these words on the listing.

Customs services and international tracking provided

If so, the seller can't combine shipping - it's another failure of the badly designed GSP. (Which is meant as a Seller Protection service, btw.)

I refused and Seller opened an Unpaid Item Case which I will appeal.

Well, you have the right to appeal, but I think you will lose, unless the seller has in his ads that he combines and discounts shipping to Canada. With the combined rates stated.

If you lose you will get Unpaid Item Strikes. I am not sure if you would get three (very bad news) or only one (not great, but workable.)

If you only get one, and don't get any more in the next 12 months, there will be no effect on your buying account.

If you are hit with three, you will find you cannot bid on products from many, if not most, sellers, because we have opted to Block bidders with two or more Strikes.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Well all I can say is I have spent thousands of dollars on Ebay...if they choose to block me or limit my buying then guess what...I really don't care and will close my account with Ebay...it will be THEIRS and SELLERS loss!!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Actually once all my purchases arrive I WILL be closing my account with Ebay...too many shady, greedy, dishonest sellers in my opinion...have a nice day!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Also the HONEST sellers that I follow and buy from often already know what kind buyer I am you just need to look at my account feedback from sellers. Have only had issues with 2 sellers over their shady business dealings with buyers. So Sellers can go right ahead and block me I don't give a rats behind!!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sellers rip people off with their INFLATED shipping costs not to mention the SHILL BIdding that goes on...Buyers really need to be BUYER BEWARE
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Well...for those that said I would LOSE my appeal YOU were WRONG...Case was found in MY favor!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply