Once positive feedback left from buyer...what's next?

urienrxo
Community Member

Hello, when a seller receives a positive feedback, can a buyer STILL request a refund  ( for whatever reason ) say 1 week after receiving the positive feedback??? thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The two actions are separate.....

Many sellers only leave feedback if buyer leaves feedback

while other sellers leave feedback when buyer pays.... and leaver feedback first

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes.

For example, an apparently working item may suddenly fall apart. Or a ring may have been offered with a proposal that was refused.

Don't take it personally. Ask that the item be returned for a full refund (of the original payment) and express your concern that the buyer is unhappy with the purchase.

Do NOT refund until you have the item back in your hands. However, in some instances, a photograph can be accepted as proof of the problem.

it is best to avoid arguing with the customer. If he returns the item with Confirmation of Delivery, he will win a refund from Paypal, and you will get a black mark on your seller account.

It's business, not personal.

It is useful to self-insure yourself against losses from returns. This just means adding a few pennies to each price or fee to cover the occasional problem.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Well, at least the OP knows the buyer has had his opportunity to express his views in FB/DSRs, so the seller doesn't have to worry about that aspect.  However I agree that it's still best to deal in a businesslike and accommodating way with such a request. 

"If he returns the item with Confirmation of Delivery, he will win a refund from Paypal, and you will get a black mark on your seller account." 

I don't quite follow -- I assume you mean only if the buyer opens an INAD dispute?  I wouldn't think the seller would be impacted otherwise, even if the buyer uses a shipping service with DC.  This statement seems to be at odds with your advice that the seller should not refund until the item is actually returned to him, which would be my inclination in this sort of situation. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply