Ottawa to Ogdensburg for USPS Mailing

I am contemplating a weekly run (possibly more often in the future) of packages to Ogdensburg for mailing through the US Post Office.

If you are interested please contact me.

Michael
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

jakeeangel
Community Member
Careful with that! Watch for insurance on your car if there's ever a problem and you're taking responsibility for bringing someone else's stuff over the border. It's your butt on the line and you don't want to get screwed. Be careful.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the advice. I have thought of that and I think I have it covered.

I noticed that you go regularly to the US. Do you bring parcels for others, or just your own stuff?

Michael
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Just my own stuff. I've been thinking about doing for others but really want to cover my butt on it first. It's certainly a service that's screaming to be done though! It's a business waiting to happen if it doesn't already exist.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Probably the most successful cross border shipping business is bookstotheborder.com. It started out with one bookseller, due to the huge savings in media mail and has expanded to cover all of BC.

One big advantage they have is its only a short hop to cross the border.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Another advantage bookstotheborder has is they appear to bring only books and other printed matter across. I would wonder how much of a headache it would be to bring various different types of products across from various sellers. With the various rules regarding country of origin, content of items and other things customs like to question, it could be fairly time-consuming if you run into a picky border agent.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply