PAYPAL REVERSAL BECAUSE PURCHASER GAVE WRONG ADDRESS

Just when I think I have seen it all, something else blows my mind.
I have another PayPal reversal for "non receipt". The purchaser has moved but never updated his registration on eBay or his shipping address on PayPal. I shipped the item to the address I was provided but now Purchaser has claimed back funds because he has moved and is no longer at that address.
Another potential Negative from a deadbeat purchaser and probably a loss of another $150. Somehow I don't think I will come out smelling like roses.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Was it a confirmed address ?
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
If you can prove that you mailed your items to a confirmed address...you should be covered.

Take the time and call PayPal as well as e-mail them and point out that the buyer moved and did not change their address with PayPal or eBay.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

jerseypros
Community Member
I thought under the "Extended Seller protecion program" (which I'm sure you qualified for) - it did not matter if the address was confirmed. All that was required was to ship to the address on Paypal - it will come down to whether or not there was tracking on the package.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

he has moved and is no longer at that address.

You should be getting it back eventually (the package that is).

I thought under the "Extended Seller protecion program" (which I'm sure you qualified for) - it did not matter if the address was confirmed.

You don't need to have a confirmed address IF you have proof of delivery.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Extended Seller Protection Program is a myth...

PayPal will simply decide in the buyers favour because he had a confirmed address and never got it, case closed, bend over again...
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I think it's time everyone got a big cup of coffe and sat down and read section 13 of the PayPal user agreement. Just read it slowly or multiple times so it sinks in... B-)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply