PITNEY BOWES

In response to a Canadian ebay seller who alerted the ebay community to the unethical practices of the GSP (Global Shipping Programme)

I want to tell you all about the underhanded tactics used by Pitney Bowes in regards to a one month free no obligation trial for a franking machine.

THIS IS MY STORY SO FAR AS OF SATURDAY 14TH NOVEMBER 2014

I agreed to take a franking machine from them on a one month free no obligation trial last week, then within a couple of days I received an e mail at 0200 presumably sent from their offices in the States.

That e mail had an attachment which was an executed copy of the hire agreement, I read the small print & it said that I had FIVE DAYS from the date of receiving the e mail to cancel the free trial & that I had to put it in writing to Pitney Bowes offices in Hatfield.

I contacted the sales rep I had been dealing with who is based somewhere in London & she said "oh take no notice of that it's a mistake" Then I decided to put this Company through a search engine adding the word SCAM & oh my lord the web is rife with complaints about this Company, not just in respect of franking machines but also on other matters such as a global shipping scheme with ebay.

I had heard enough & last Thursday 13th November 2014 sent them the contract which had a part at the bottom where I had state my intention to cancel, together with a letter spelling out in no uncertain terms my desire to cancel the free trial well within the specified period.

This was sent by Royal Mail recorded delivery, when I ran the tracking number through Royal Mail on Friday morning it said that it had been signed for on Friday 14th November. It has been signed for by one PITNEY BOWES which of course in not much help to me.

I tried ringing the Hatfield offices only to be put through to the Philippines three times. Eventually I got a number for Hatfield & spoke to a Rachel Denyer. 0333999-4000

I told her that I wanted the name of the person who signed for my letter, she said that they use a third party Company to handle their mail & that my letter had not yet arrived at their Hatfield Offices. Then I called Royal Mail's sorting office in Hatfield whereby I was informed that they deliver all mail to Pitney Bowes reception desk. So this points to delaying tactics.

1) Invite you to take 30 day free no obligation trial
2) Send you a contract & ask you to submit your cancellation in writing in a time frame that falls way short of the original 30 days.
3) Claim not to have had your notice of intent to cancel.
4) Drag it out long enough for the contract to become effective.

Please get the word out, ebay & social media these parasites need stoping now!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

PITNEY BOWES

Sounds like the sleeezzy negative billing done years ago by the cable companies may be braking laws if done today?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

PITNEY BOWES

Good to know that nothing has changed at PB in the last 30 years!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

PITNEY BOWES

Nice to know that Ebay partners up with such companies. What does that say?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

PITNEY BOWES

Sounds like trying to cancel an XM/Sirius trial.

Extremely aggressive sales people with a poor understanding of  English.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply