PayPal Chargeback Question!

mkahiel
Community Member
Buyer claimed not received item chargeback. Then he emailed me that he has received it, but refused to cancel claim, I faxed his email to PayPal but PayPal "as expected" favor him, shall I appeal or just claim money from CPC was "small packet USA"? Thanks for any advice
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

alero0
Community Member
I would hate to discourage you but if you read through the thread "Paypal Chargeback Problem" (just a couple down from yours) you'll see that my battle with Paypal didn't get me a cent. My nightmare started mid Feb. and ended last week with them notifing me that I lost my appeal. Thankfully CP did give back my money.

I think you should report the buyer to USPS Mail Fraud dept. and to the FBI's Internet Fraud dept. You can find the web pages links on my thread, and claim your money back from CP. Forget about Paypal!

Harvey
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Maybe Paypal should be reported to USPS Mail Fraud and FBI as if they ignore the facts, they should be deemed as an accomplis.

Jeff
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

e-marts
Community Member
I'm thinking to take paypal to court , will this be sueful or just a waste to time .
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
yes I would contact the USPS. They WILL prosecute, it is a federal offence to do that in the USA. I would advise the buyer of that as well.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

mkahiel
Community Member
e-marts: if you're taking PayPal to court, please include me, I have other horrible cases with paypal, and yes I contacted USPS and FBI for both PayPal and Buyer.
Note: I appealed the case and lost again for the same reason, they don't trust the buyer and need shipping confirmation. Huh
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
That's a whole load of BULL. With my case they asked for shipping confirmation and I gave it to them. I shipped my package using CP Expedited which has a tracking #. I also emailed Paypal the delivery confirmation. With all that I lost my case, my appeal and a $10. service charge. Strange that the seller pays Paypal the service fees, the buyer doesn't pay paypal anything and the buyer gets all the protection. Something's wrong with that system.

Harvey
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
Right you are Harvey! Well said!
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

mrdish1
Community Member
I have been scammed a nunber of times its easy when shipping to US with canadapost. All the buyer has to say is that they did not receive the item and they get their money back. Candapost does not take signatures on expedited items to the US so no recourse. Its easy for US buyers to do and it works. I have lost more than 500 usd over the last two years to this scam. Ebay does nothing and paypal does nothing(same guys now).
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

radiologiedog
Community Member
A Funny story : sold a item to buyer ,buyer payd with paypal then make a claime for item not as discribe. Paypal send me a email asking me a tracking number??? for the item??? Funny the buyer as already got the item!!!! so what i did, i send a emty envelope whit this time a tracking number and answer the claim with the info then the case was close, the buyer that tried to stole me loose is case. !!!! simple as this Sugestion: just follow the rule and you will be ok.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

mkahiel
Community Member
lol... I like this.:^O
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Except it's called mail fraud in America and you can go too jail for it

I would hate to see you crossing too America in your car with the family. Maybe.... oh 2 months later and they pull you aside and arrest you

Not possible ???

Remember they are Americans
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

mkahiel
Community Member
Mail Fraud?
What prevents me from sending a registered flyer of my products to my customers? You call this mail fraud. I don't think so. If it will come to rational thinking, the buyer stated very clearly that he has received the product, but still refused to drop the claim, PayPal played silly and keeps asking for tracking number. Where is the rational? and who is going to file a mail fraud? My fraudulent customer? or PayPal?

Mo
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
I don't understand -- what has "item not as described" got to do with a tracking number. SOMETHING has been received - just not what the buyer expected!

Oops! 'Scuse me -- I'm asking for logic from PayPal?????
. Glenda
To Golf or Not To Golf? What a stupid question!
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 14 of 14
latest reply