PayPal Thank You Credit

Hello all. I just recevied an email from PayPal stating they are refunding some of my transaction fees for the PayPal outage that occurred a week or two ago. I did send a complaint to them and request they refund my fees for the business they may have lost me, not to mention the frustration of not being able to process payments. I'm not sure if any of you received this refund, but here was the exact email:

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Dear Vesivus,

Recently, the PayPal site had technology issues that may have hindered your ability to conduct business using PayPal.

To show our appreciation for your continued business, we're going to credit you for PayPal transaction fees incurred on October 28, 2004, between 12:00:00 AM PDT and 11:59:59 PM PDT.†

You don't need to do anything to receive your credit. We'll add up the transaction fees you accumulate, and send a credit to your PayPal account by November 25, 2004.

Read FAQs to learn more.

Sincerely,

PayPal
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: PayPal Thank You Credit

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Every Paypal user received this. I think its great.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This is an insult, renumeration for one day when paypal was down almost a week.

ttys
Gill
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Gill, its a start. Its actually a small sign that PayPal/eBay isn't the big, greedy, unresponsive monopoly a few pessimists say they are. I agree that its a great thing they took responsibility for their mistake and are attempting to repay us.

It may not be a "full" refund, but I think its a good step.

John
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It would be better if it was refunded as a % of the month's sales. I didn't have auctions ending on that day or the day before so I couldn't capitalize.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I don't think I got anything back. What's going on? Is it in the mail?
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

"send a credit to your PayPal account by November 25, 2004."

Someone offline remarked to me that the last time eBay had a free listing day like that (oh we'll credit you back later) they never did...we'll see what happens this time.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
I know I didn't get anything back. I didn't have any payments come in that day -- thanks a whole bunch PayPal!!

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 8 of 8
latest reply