PayPal and Hudson's Bay - Compatibility Issues

You may have noticed that PayPal advertises on their website that Hudson's Bay now accepts PayPal.  Beware!!

I placed an order last night for almost $100 and was having difficulty checking out with PayPal -- one error message after another.  So I gave up.  However, the payment showed as Pending in my account and will remain there for 30 days until it is confirmed that the payment has not been claimed.  This is the first time this has happened to me but since last night others have told me that they will never use Hudson's Bay and PayPal together because they've experienced too many problems.

I confirmed with a Hudson's Bay CSR that they have no order placed by me nor are there any pending.  I've called PayPal at least 100 times and get nothing but a busy signal -- not even a "please hold".  Finally, I just sent them an e-mail asking them to kindly, quickly free up these funds.  I can't have $100 tied up until mid-January, not with Christmas expenses.

So just a word of caution when using PayPal and Hudson's Bay.

Also, what's up with the PayPal phone lines -- you can't even hear the phone dialing.  You enter the number and it's nothing but a busy signal.

I don't have time for all this. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal responded to my e-mail within minutes and advised that the funds would be released back to me within 72 hours --- I'm so relieved.  A very quick response for which I'm very grateful.

All I can say is if you're having trouble checking out with Hudson's Bay, the first time you see an error message, just back out -- don't keep trying like I did because you could end up cancelling your own order unintentionally.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi 'jt' -- Funny you mention this (well not ha-ha funny, bizarre funny).  

Yesterday evening I was trying to purchase 3 items from The Bay online, and every time I put one in my cart/bag, and returned to choose the next, my cart emptied.  Not only that, but one of the items had "disappeared" completely from the original page when I went back to put it in my cart again.  I tried several times in several different ways, then finally said the heck with this and just left the site.  

I noticed a week or so ago that The Bay's site advertised they now accept Paypal -- good thing according to your experience that I didn't manage to get through to checkout, because I was planning to pay with Paypal. 

I wonder if my "cart" problem was somehow related to the Paypal issues?  I'll stay away from The Bay for a while.  I'm sure they didn't need this problem though, right before Christmas. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"then finally said the heck with this and just left the site."

LOL.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I was beginning to get a little paranoid because it isn't the first time I've had a problem with the Bay website.  My browser is up-to-date but I was thinking there was something wrong with my computer.

Their website has always been unstable.  Like you said, items disappear from the cart, lots of error messages and you're constantly being bounced out of checkout, back to the home page and on and on.  So, yes, trying to go through with a PayPal payment, as far as I can tell right now, is simply asking for trouble.  But I must say I was certainly happy with how fast the PayPal CSR responded to my e-mail.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Off topic for now,

Merry Christmas to all board contributors.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply