Payment arrangements>>.

Is it safe to give a buyer your email address to make a payment through it with Paypal?

Thank you ...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Payment arrangements>>.

Not understanding your question. You sold something on eBay? Buyer just clicks through the links to pay you.  An email address is just that, an email address. Nothing secret about it.

Why is the other party requesting your address?

Photobucket
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Payment arrangements>>.

The claim is that she cannot pay, because something is wrong. I don't what. I explained, just as you said, to click on the link and pay.
She just replied, that she still cannot pay and to give her my email address so she can pay through paypal.
I just want to know if this is ok or a scam.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Payment arrangements>>.

@rio1953 wrote:

Is it safe to give a buyer your email address to make a payment through it with Paypal?

Thank you ...

Of course it is! eBay has already given your buyer your email address they (a) don't know where to find it or (b) want to confirm that your PayPal address is the same as your eBay address (not always the case).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Payment arrangements>>.

When I was new, I could not make Paypal work, not at all. I was as dumb as a sack of hammer handles. It happens.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Payment arrangements>>.

Thank you guys, really appreciated.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Payment arrangements>>.

Make sure the email address you give is the one attached to your Paypal account.

Remind the buyer to include the eBay transaction number in the PP payment, so you can identify it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply