This is the story

I bought an item.

It didn't show.

Lots of emails to seller.

Filed a dispute.

Escalated the claim.

Seller reversed payment.

I received item.

I sent payment to seller for the $$$ he refunded.

Now I went to leave feedback...positive...but the transaction is no longer showing on my ebay.  Not there and not archived.  The only record is with Paypal.  

This means that an ebay seller can't get out of receiving any feedback by doing a payment reversed instead of refund?

I do hope to get some replies from this.  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Payment refunded or payment reversal

marnotom!
Community Member

Have you tried copying and pasting the listing number from PayPal into a search to see if the listing is still posted on eBay?  If it is, there should be a feedback link on there unless too much time has elapsed since payment and the feedback window has expired.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The listing is still there.  But even when I try searching my "archived" purchased items, it isn't there. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a reversed payment delete the history of the transaction?

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If the listing is still there, isn't there an option on the listing page to leave feedback for the transaction?  When did you make your purchase?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

No there is not.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

And when did you make your purchase?  Was it more than 60 days ago?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Try this...go to your feedback page and click on leave feedback which is at the bottom of the page. That should give you a list of items that you haven't left feedback for. If you don't see that transaction listed, then it probably is because the payment was reversed and the transaction cancelled or the transaction was more than 60 days ago.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Like I said, the transaction is nowhere...not even in archive.  Yes...the payment was reversed. 

As I initially asked...can any ebay seller reverse payment instead of a refund...thus cancelling any feedback that has not been left?

It is now beyond the 60 days but was not before the payment reversal. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I'm using the terms refund and reversal as interchangeable as there is only one way to 'return' money to a buyer as far as I know so I'm not sure what you are asking. What is the difference between refund and reversal that you are referring to?

If a buyer doesn't pay and the seller files an unpaid item claim, the buyer cannot leave feedback. But if a seller asks a buyer to agree to a cancellation because the buyer has been refunded for an item not received or for various other reasons....then the buyer should be able to leave feedback.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I'm still trying to work out the problem here. You didn't get the item on time. The seller gave you back the money.

The item arrived. You repaid the refund.

So you have the item and the seller has the money.

Feedback is voluntary.

Stop fussing.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I am not fussing.  I was looking for an answer to my question.  Noone here has answered it. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

"I was looking for an answer to my question."

The answer is simple: you cannot leave feedback since more than 60 days took place from the date of purchase.

After 60 days, the transaction is no longer available in the feedback forum nor eligible to leave feedback.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

This is the story

I bought an item.

It didn't show.

Lots of emails to seller.

Filed a dispute.

Escalated the claim.

Seller reversed payment.

I received item.

I sent payment to seller for the $$$ he refunded.

Now I went to leave feedback...positive...but the transaction is no longer showing on my ebay.  Not there and not archived.  The only record is with Paypal.  

This means that an ebay seller can't get out of receiving any feedback by doing a payment reversed instead of refund?

I do hope to get some replies from this.  

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

You already provided the answer to your question.  It's been more than 60 days since the listing ended.  You can't leave feedback after that period.  Period.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

I'm still trying to work out the problem here.

You didn't get the item on time. The seller gave you back the money.

The item arrived. You repaid the refund.

So you have the item and the seller has the money.

Feedback is voluntary.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply