Paypal Payment Pending... Why?

I ordered a few games on Ebay and paid December 13. I noticed the seller hadn't shipped it a couple days ago, so I sent him a message because it showed in my Paypal account as pending, that the user hasn't accepted payment yet.

He e-mailed back and said he contacted Paypal and it's a bug in the system. Thing is, immediately after I received an Unpaid Item Case that the seller opened up against me. I found this quite odd since I undeniably sent payment, even he agreed it was pending for whatever reason on his end. I know if this isn't sorted out quick, it looks bad on me, so I was just looking for assistance. Surely, the guy must only have to click "accept" to take the payment since I can click cancel to get rid of it. And why open a case against me when he knows very well I sent payment to the best of my ability the day of the auction ending.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Paypal Payment Pending... Why?

Do you back your PP account with your bank balance or with a credit card?

If the former, it will take upwards of 10 days for the payment to clear the Canadian and US banking systems (PP is a US company.)

It sounds as if your seller accepts that you have paid. It is unusual that uncleared payments are open to Unpaid Item Disputes, but as long as he does nothing, the UID will eventually close itself.

He can mark the item Paid manually and ship.

He cannot print a PP shipping label (which has discounted postage among other advantages to the seller) until your payment has cleared.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply