Paypal - XPressPost USA Signature Confirmation?

zhao.mich
Community Member

Hey. As a seller, when I need signature confirmation I've been going to the post office to do it manually so far. This is since whenever I print out the shipping info on paypal, it tells me signature confirmation isn't available for xpresspost USA. Is it because it is automatically included? Or do I need to go to the post office everytime to do this? I asked the lady at the office and she said I need to explicitly add SC, but it doesn't make sense to me that paypal/canada post would not offer any signature confirmation delivery option through their shipping program.

Also, do we have an option for parcels like USA registered mail? (Where the parcel goes under tight security, it must be signed for every step of the way). I am aware we have it for lettermail, can't find info about parcels online or at my local PO. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

For some unknown reason, Registered Mail is not recognized by Paypal as giving Signature Confirmation.

I believe Canada Post's version of Registered Mail is only available for documents.

FWIW, RM is also very slow and in some countries is a target for thieves, unlike the newer bar-coded services. (Yes, RM is also bar-coded)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ask the PO for those little Signature Required stickers -- you have to buy them-- and add those to your PP label as appropriate.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

PayPal shipping for Xpresspost USA shipping page is incorrect. Signature Confirmation is included in Xpresspost USA but the PayPal page is just wrong. This has been pointed out to eBay Canada but nothing has ever been done. Known issue for 2+ years that I know of.

When you print the Xpresspost label, you will see the Signature Required box checked off under the bar code.

There a few errors in PayPal Canada Post shipping that have been there for years but eBay Canada staff can't get them fixed. Contacting PayPal directly about them is just as frustrating.

By the way, Xpresspost USA service includes Signature Confirmation included as part of the Canada Post features. Xpresspost Canada and Xpresspost International make it an optional feature that you pay for. Why the difference for Xpresspost USA? No idea. Maybe because the USPS equivalent service used to deliver in the USA has Signature Confirmation included.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply