Pitney Bowes processing times!

Hello everyone.  I recently purchased an antique composition doll from a seller from the States and yes they were shipping with the dreaded Global Shipping program.  A tracking number was provided which I have been keeping a eye on.  The item was shipped quickly by the seller and received by Global Shipping in Erlanger, Texas.  My question is, how long does Pitney Bowes usually take to process a package?  My doll was received by them on June 5 and not reshipped until June 19.  This seems to be a long processing time to me.   Global Shipping is supposed to make shipping quicker.  I am sure that if the doll was shipped by U.S.P.S. I would have it by now.  Don't we just love the Global Shipping Program in Canada!  NOT!!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have found between 2 and 6 days added to the delivery time for GSP.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

When I am browsing items from the USA - as soon as I see a seller using the GSP I very quickly click somewhere else.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

When I am browsing items from the USA - as soon as I see a seller using the GSP I very quickly click somewhere else.

Do your browsing on .ca. Right now they're doing a test and all the GSP items have been moved to the very bottom of searches. There's no way to know how long it's going to last so enjoy it while you can.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am fairly sure the Erlanger location is in Kentucky, not Texas.

Unless it isn't.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It is in Kentucky.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the replies people and yes the location is Kentucky, not Texas.  I don't know how I came up with that one.  Global Shipping leaves me so frustrated I can't even think straight!!!  I still think that 12 days processing at the Global Shipping warehouse is still too long.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Even allowing for national (and local) holidays, keep in mind that what you are seeing is not exactly tracking. It is Confirmation of Delivery.

The date someone put the information on the computer.

And the item may already have been in Canada for days before the 'tracking' was updated.

Or sales to Canada may have been slow and it took 12 days to fill the truck.

The important thing is, it takes about 20 days for stuff to arrive from the States to Canada. Sometimes less, but don't count on it.

If your item has not arrived after 20 days go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute. If the GSP cannot show delivery (not a tracking number actual delivery) you will be refunded.

So you will have either the item or the money.

And possibly both.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Global Shipping is supposed to make shipping quicker.  

Er, no.

Global Shipping might make shipping a little faster because the buyer pays import fees on purchase and PB/GSP takes care of that for the seller. He doesn't even have to go to the PO with his international parcel, since he is shipping domestically.

But the purpose of the GSP was to persuade reluctant (xenophobic, paranoid) sellers to offer their items internationally. 

The only advantage to the buyer is that more items are being offered internationally than before the program was set up. On the downside, the buyer is now dealing with a reluctant (xenophobic, paranoid) seller.

Yeah, this is gonna go well. - Zoe Alleyne Washburne.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply