Please help report this UK powerseller who has gone bad.

gbayemporium
Community Member
eBay's commitment to reducing fraud. recordvillage1

Apparently it doesn't include taking down sellers who are either dead, sick, or left the country.
Sellers who still have over 5000 active listings.
Sellers who have received over 500 negative feedbacks in the last 30 days.
Sellers who Amazon UK shut down over 30 days ago.
Sellers whose only recent positive feedbacks come from items sold a month or more ago.
Sellers whose automated systems are still leaving postives feedback for positives received, creating the illusion to the uninformed that they are still active.

Who is this seller you ask?

recordvillage1:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=recordvillage1

Despite receiving replies to numerous fraud reports, still nothing has been done to de-activate this seller's listings.

I actually feel somewhat embarrassed at this point to have ever worked for eBay.

eBay claims that it's bad sellers who cause buyers to leave the site. I say eBay needs to do 100% more to take down these sellers, especially when they've clearly gone bad.

Please help report this seller. Action needs be taken.

start on the 'help' page
click 'contact us'
select 'buying and finding'
select 'fraud and payment concerns for buyers'
select 'the problem you're having with fraud isn't listed'
next page, click 'email us' under the Contact Customer Support text
enter 'recordvillage1' in the box for User ID
Enter something like
"Please explain to me why this clearly non-shipping and fraudulent seller with over 500 recent negative feedbacks still has over 5000 listings active on eBay. What happened to eBay's commitment to fraud?"
click 'send'
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

tea_past_times
Community Member
This situation looks to me like a seller who was unhappy about being screwed over by Ebay, with their fee increases, and removal of feedback priveledges coming in May. Obviously for that seller, it was the last straw. Looks like the operator of that ID took the money and ran. Unfortunately this is likely the tip of the iceberg for what is coming in May. Imagine what Ebay will be like when 5,000-10,000 or more angry sellers pull somehting like this in May. It will be interesting. Glad I'll be out of business before those times come.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
What other unpleasant surprises do angry former Powersellers have for the site in the future?? I guess time will tell....
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Confuscious say: When you make potty where dinner table is, you end up eating _ _ _ _.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

gbayemporium
Community Member
haha. Confucious be very correct.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

gbayemporium
Community Member
Badadbump
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

gbayemporium
Community Member
some poor soul just left 22 negs. think he'll shop on eBay again?
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

gbayemporium
Community Member
bumpkins!!
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

gbayemporium
Community Member
recordvillage1 is now FINALLY a NARU account.
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

gbayemporium
Community Member
Thanks to everyone who reported them.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

LOL - ebay must have really hated to shut them down - jus think of all the cash they lost in FVF fees not to mention all the cash they are going to have to recover (ya like they will really try to recover money -- lol I bet the seller has long since cleared his paypal account.

The not so funny part is that is took them this long to even get wind of it - I guess all those buyers complaining in the hundreds ment nothing to them.

The Trust and Safety team were too busy looking at small Canadian sellers with less than 5% user satisfaction ratings and restricting them to make eBaY a better shopping place.

ROFLMAO - what a bunch of turkey's.

BTW - I think this would be a good story to forward to AuctionBytes for them to pouch all over it and look further into it.

Cheers,

TIM @ FTL
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
LOL - ebay must have really hated to shut them down.....

Ebay thinks it can replace it's powersellers on a moments notice. Sure, right, lots of folks have 72,000 positive transactions on Ebay like this guy did, before he got mad and took it out on his customers.

That's one large source of products for buyers gone from the site. Who will jump next?!
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Just another day of clutching a shrinking balloon.....
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Hang on tight Mr Donahoe, the big PFFFFTTT has yet to come.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

ewa-jo
Community Member
Does anyone else think it's FUNNY that he had some buyers who STILL left a positive feedback and said that they never received their CDs and got ripped off? Lame lame lame buyers. Bad sellers stay on ebay because of people like that...

oooohhh... the threat of retaliatory feedback.

I've never been afraid to neg a seller for some legitimate reason, even if I got a nasty retaliation FB...
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
hey guys Maybye the guy died? or got put in jail, There could be lot's of reasons.

Imagine if he get's back on, all the mutally feedback requests, wonder if his mailbox is full?

is he still not responable for up to 90 days for any moneys owed, even if one closes there paypal a/c and ebay a/c there still on record for 90 day's I beleive.

so I don't think we will see to much of this in may.

more than likely something happened to the dude.

Cheers! 🙂
T.J.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Well - if the person passed away or was in a car accident or was kidnapped by pirates you would think that a relative, friend or significant other would have notified eBaY on his behalf.

I doubt seriously this was a one-man-shop.

Someone should have known that product was not being shipped out despite orders coming in.

Oh well at least they are shutdown now.
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

hey guys Maybye the guy died? or got put in jail, There could be lot's of reasons.

I have no idea what was going on but they were still starting listings as late as Sunday and some buyers who bought in the last two weeks apparently were receiving their orders.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
WOW 884 Negs in past 12 Months

Must be a Record, Wonder what type of message board those

Type of sellers Have? I Still say Something Serious Has

Happened, Time will Tell

:)
T.J.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

WOW +54000 positive feedback, 6 yeras working on it and still +98% feedback even after 533 negatives in 1 month (almost as many positives he got, hehe)

what if the guy went on vacation, and got his account hacked, so somebody decided to make easy cash ?
say at a min of 5 puound (C$10) per item x 533 that's well over $5000
Message 20 of 20
latest reply