Problem report on eBay or PayPal, Shipping charges are not loaded.

turmelm
Community Member

Hello,

Problem report.

There seems to be a problem on eBay or PayPal.

Shipping charges are not loaded.

Since 10:30 AM this morning,

I noticed that all my buyers that selected the shipping: (Canada Post Light Packet - USA) succeeds to pay the invoice via PayPal with $ 0.00 shipping charge.

Since this morning, I issued three refund and send the invoice to the members.

The items numbers are:

Item # 170759261408

Item # 170783144836

Item # 170617280043

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

another issue is a payment of $1.50 for shipping, I've just had one of those.  I had over 30 tickets filed on shipping charges of 0.00 last summer/fall/winter, I thought they finally got that fixed........I don't refund the payment I just send a paypal money request for the shipping charge, then the buyers seem to disappear and I wind up having to phone them...just another fun day at the office

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

turmelm, Did any of those buyer purchase more than one item?

Something I've never seen before......If I go to shipping on those listings than change my location to "show all available" there is a price for one item for the U.S. and other international countries but it says n/a for a second item. Any idea why there is no price in that area?

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

isis, what is the item number for the one that you just had problems with?

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

I just saw the other post about $1.50 shipping..that's so odd.

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

turmelm
Community Member

These three items was bought from US buyers.
Item# 170617280043 Buyer located to, CA 94303, United States.

Item# 170783144836 Buyer located to, PA 16928, United States.

Item# 170759261408 Buyer located to, MN 55117, United States.

I think that the problem come from eBay.com (USA).
I discovered this annoncement on the site.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/201204251047521.html

All System Announcements

Welcome to eBay's System Board. Visit this board for information on scheduled site maintenance or system issues that are affecting Marketplace trading. For general eBay news, please see our General Announcements Board.

***Scheduled Maintenance For This Week***

April 25, 2012 | 10:48AM PST/PT

The eBay system will be undergoing general maintenance from approximately 23:00 PT (11pm) on Thursday, April 26th to 01:00 PT (1am) on Friday, April 27th. During this maintenance period, certain eBay site features may be intermittently unavailable or slow.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

It's item number 150719814753 and I checked, it shows $11.88 airmail to the US, and when the buyer paid immediately I got $1.50...sent a money request for the difference, yup, haven't heard from him....so I guess I'll be phoning yet another buyer....I'll wait out the weekend and see if he pays or contacts me.  I spend more time refunding/phoning and other nonsense since they made it manditory to put in shipping, but on the flip side business is great since the Canadians see that I ship mostly lettermail instead of packages.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

sorry, that's $11.80....

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

This is happening on all calculated US shipping charges - they calculate to $0 at check-out, with only "handling fee", if any, applied. Reported this to eBay on Friday evening, still not resolved as of 1/2 hour ago. International works fine.

The fees show correctly on the listig page, and I am having to refund PayPal transactions and re-invoice buyers manually (shipping does calculate correctly when creating an invoice).

I am losing money on PayPal per-transaction fee, which does not get refunded by PayPal. I think I will requesting that eBay compensate mefor those fees.  

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

Hello,

why are you refunding the payment?  I only invoice the difference owing on the shipping charge.  That way you don't pay the paypal charges twice

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

Yep, it's been going on since the wee hours of Friday morning (27th), and seems to only be affecting US buyers.

😞

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

An hour ago I had my first sale to Canada since this issue started, and Canadian sales are also affectd by $0 shipping issue. International shipping (non-Canada/non-US) calculates fine. I really hope eBay and Canada Post figure this out soon!

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

to be the bearer of bad news....last time I had this issue started in August, ended in January with over 30 tickets filed with paypal....I still hold my breath every time someone pays....

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

Hi - I have been experiencing this problem Since Friday the 27th and not just with buyers from USA I have had one from Brazil as well.

So I called eBay and got through!

They admitted that there was a problem with Canada Post not calculating shipping properly during checkout for international/USA Small packets.

They told me that they would flag my account so I would not get punished by the buyer but asked me to email him and explain the circumstance and see if he would be willing to by the real shipping amount. If not then we could cancel the sale.

I also noticed that on Friday when I went to the post office that my branch had signs posted all over that their computer system was down and could not take payments etc. My guess is that the problems are realated and it is really good 'ol Canada Post giving us grief.

Cheers,

Gehres

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

Hi - I have been experiencing this problem Since Friday the 27th and not just with buyers from USA I have had one from Brazil as well.

weedsellit4u, what was the listing number of the item that sold to Brazil? You don't seem to use calculated shipping for any of your international locations so Canada Post not "calculating" properly doesn't make sense. I really do think this is an ebay problem, not Canada Post's problem.

Message 15 of 43
latest reply

It's not just U.S buyers ....Sunday i had one to Spain 0 shipping charge...called ebay that night they said it was their problem not anything in my listing

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

gts...just for my own curiosity, what was the item number for the item that showed $0 to Spain?

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

turmelm
Community Member

I received a reply from Customer Support eBay Canada for the reported problem,

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 11:36 AM

Subject: RE: Problèmes techniques avec le site

Bonjour,

Je vous remercie pour votre courriel reçu le 28 avril dernier concernant les frais d'expédition liés la vente de vos objets. Je tiens par ailleurs à vous présenter nos excuses pour le délai de réponse.

Je suis Linda et j'ai le plaisir de traiter votre demande.

Sachez que nous sommes au courant de cette erreur d'origine technique et nous vous prions de nous excuser pour la gêne occasionnée.

Soyez assuré que notre équipe technique travaillent activement à la résolution de ce problème et nous espérons qu'une solution pourra être mise en place dans les plus brefs délais.

En attendant, je vous invite à émettre vos factures avec les informations modifiées par l'entremise de PayPal. En effectuant ceci, l'acheteur pourra vous faire parvenir le paiement avec le montant approprié. Pour plus d'information à propos des factures transmises par le biais de PayPal, vous pouvez vous rendre sur la page suivante :

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&eloc=0&loc=1185&source_page=_home&flow=

Vous pouvez également faire parvenir une facture de façon manuelle en précisant votre adresse de paiement PayPal ainsi que le numéro d'objet. Une fois que l'acheteur disposera de ces informations, il lui sera possible de faire un paiement en se rendant sur le site PayPal à partir de l'écran Effectuer un paiement. L'acheteur n'a qu'à fournir les renseignements demandés pour compléter la transaction.

Je vous remercie, de votre attention, et vous souhaite une agréable journée.

Salutations,

Linda L.
Soutien à la clientèle eBay Canada

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

turmelm
Community Member

I received a reply from Customer Support eBay Canada for the reported problem,

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 11:36 AM

Subject: RE: Problèmes techniques avec le site

Bonjour,

Je vous remercie pour votre courriel reçu le 28 avril dernier concernant les frais d'expédition liés la vente de vos objets. Je tiens par ailleurs à vous présenter nos excuses pour le délai de réponse.

Je suis Linda et j'ai le plaisir de traiter votre demande.

Sachez que nous sommes au courant de cette erreur d'origine technique et nous vous prions de nous excuser pour la gêne occasionnée.

Soyez assuré que notre équipe technique travaillent activement à la résolution de ce problème et nous espérons qu'une solution pourra être mise en place dans les plus brefs délais.

En attendant, je vous invite à émettre vos factures avec les informations modifiées par l'entremise de PayPal. En effectuant ceci, l'acheteur pourra vous faire parvenir le paiement avec le montant approprié. Pour plus d'information à propos des factures transmises par le biais de PayPal, vous pouvez vous rendre sur la page suivante :

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&eloc=0&loc=1185&source_page=_home&flow=

Vous pouvez également faire parvenir une facture de façon manuelle en précisant votre adresse de paiement PayPal ainsi que le numéro d'objet. Une fois que l'acheteur disposera de ces informations, il lui sera possible de faire un paiement en se rendant sur le site PayPal à partir de l'écran Effectuer un paiement. L'acheteur n'a qu'à fournir les renseignements demandés pour compléter la transaction.

Je vous remercie, de votre attention, et vous souhaite une agréable journée.

Salutations,

Linda L.
Soutien à la clientèle eBay Canada

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

Translation for the letter that turmelm received (compliments of google translation)

Thank you for your email received on April 28 on shipping-related selling your items. I would also like to sincerely apologize for the response time.

I'm Linda and I am pleased to process your request.

Know that we are aware of this original error technique and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Rest assured that our technical team are actively working to resolve this problem and hopefully a solution can be implemented in the shortest possible time.

In the meantime, I invite you to issue your invoices with the changed information through PayPal. By doing this, the buyer may send you the payment with the appropriate amount. For more information about invoices sent through PayPal, you can visit the following page:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&eloc=0&loc=1185&source_page=_home&flow =

You can also send an invoice manually specifying your PayPal payment address and the item number. Once the buyer will have this information, it will be possible to make a payment by visiting the PayPal website from the Make Payment screen. The buyer need only provide the information requested to complete the transaction.

Thank you for your attention and wish you a pleasant day.

Message 20 of 43
latest reply