Problems with photos showing up the same?

eyerave
Community Member

Hi everyone, I recently posted around 30 ads for my glasses company showing all different colours and options. When I type in EL wire glasses, everything shows up perfectly ( all 30 different photos come up how they should ) but when I type in for example Light up glasses I see all 30 of my ads but every photo that is shown comes up as the same photo?! I have attatched the photo that shows up the same on all the ads.

Really confusing me as to why it is doing this, if anyone has had this happen before and has figured out how to fix this It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help.

Thanks so much, and happy ebaying!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Problems with photos showing up the same?

eyerave
Community Member

I also forgot to mention, it seems as if this issue only shows up when I go on ebay.ca

when I go onto ebay.com everything seems to show up perfectly.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That is bizarre!

I have no idea why this is happening but I do see it.

There does seem to be 37 images for listing 271386301034, I don't even know how that is possible.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I had a similar problem and Yes it seems to matter whether you listed the items while you were under .ca or .com.  Also, to make it worse, I have experienced searching problems. An item is readily searchable in .ca but not in .com or vice-versa! I have searched for items that readily show up while in .ca but not found at all in .com. (& vice-versa). In fact when you check the Seller's "Other Items for Sale" it may show up as "This Seller has No Items for Sale", although there are hundreds listed under .com

A few months ago I was bidding on items for a month from the same seller with little competition while signed in with .ca.  I had little competition and won cheap bids, cheaper than I should have. When I searched for those same items when signed in as .com there were no items at all listed by that seller. Go figure, what's up with that? I took it up with Ebay concerning my listings, at agnosium, and after hours of mitigation they told me to sign in the same way you listed them. So basicly listings are not always available to everyone depending on how you signed in. . I was able to squeak out some Credit from Ebay as they were not able to determine why the problem existed.

A simple test is this: Sign in to .ca and go to for examplenCanada 1 cents and see how many listings there are at present. Then quickly sign in to .com and see how many listings there are for the same Canada 1 cent.  I just did it and the 2 totals are close now with a neglegiable difference probably due to new listings or old ones expiring.. When I tried that when I was having the aforesaid problem, the difference in the 2 totals was in the 1000s. Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

An item is readily searchable in .ca but not in .com or vice-versa!

In some cases, if a sellers items do not have a shipping cost for Canada their listings will not show up on .ca and if they do not have a shipping price for the U.S., they will not show up on .com

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I see it as well..that is really bizarre.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Raphael brought this to my attention & we've requested for it to be looked into. Hopefully we can resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 7 of 7
latest reply