Purchase History shows an hour glass in the payment column ?

I paid my item to PayPal and in the overview it has a "completed" status.

But why in my Purchase History, it has an "hour glass" on the payment column instead of a "$"  and it has a "view PayPal transaction" on the remarks.  From my understanding, it looks like that payment is pending or being held up, but why.  Is there in any way that I can contact PayPal to find out why it is a pending/holding transaction but in the overview it is a completed transaction.  Any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

To contact paypal, sign into your paypal account, click on contact us at the bottom of the page and then click on 'call us' in choice 2. That should give you a phone number and code.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@phoebebebe2011 wrote:

I paid my item to PayPal and in the overview it has a "completed" status.

But why in my Purchase History, it has an "hour glass" on the payment column instead of a "$"  and it has a "view PayPal transaction" on the remarks.  From my understanding, it looks like that payment is pending or being held up, but why.  Is there in any way that I can contact PayPal to find out why it is a pending/holding transaction but in the overview it is a completed transaction.  Any advice is appreciated.

The hour glass is usually used for an e-cheque that is still being processed. The hourglass will go away when the payment is cleared by paypal.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

The hour glass is usually used for an e-cheque that is still being processed. The hourglass will go away when the payment is cleared by paypal.

I have never paid with an echeque but in that case, wouldn't the Paypal overview reflect that payment was pending rather than showing the payment as complete?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

PJ- you'd think so, but from the buyer's point of view she has paid, and the money may already have been removed from her bank account. So she sees a dollar sign. She can't use that money any more.

Now it is slowly making its way through the Canadian and US banking systems to the Paypal bank account, and from there to the seller's bank account.

And when it gets to the seller's account, he will see the dollar sign instead of the "wait for it" hourglass. And then he can use the money.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Just made a purchase today (from Germany) with an hourglass result.

eBay displays an hourglass,

paypal says "unclaimed" and Express Checkout Payment Sent

Payment taken from my paypal account balance.

Normally I don't pay from eBay's email link, but this time I did (usually I pay from the listing).

And judging by the request for feedback about the new invoice procedure, it's another eBay "improvement" with problems.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply